Shooting Stars

I liked it.

I liked the quiet. The calm.

I liked the stars.

But I loved Gumball. I still wasn't sure if he knew. The way he laughed at my jokes and the way he fought with me made me think he liked me but I don't know if he sees me as anything more than that. Just a crush. A passing car on a highway.

A shooting star.

I peeked out of the corner of my eye. Gumball lay next to me in the damp grass. The midnight breeze tickling his cheeks. His hands rested behind his head and his eyes were closed blissfully. I could hear his breath. Quiet and steady.

Had he fallen asleep?

"Bubba?" I whispered. No answer. With a small sigh, I turned onto my side and looked at him. I took every inch of him through my eyes and into my brain. Into my vault. I had this haunting feeling that this wouldn't last. He'd get tired of me and I would only have this memory of him to carry with me for forever. I hated that thought.

I gently crawled closer to his side and sat up. My hand cupped his cheek and I smiled at the warmth. His face seemed to burry further into my touch almost instantaneously.

"You're so cute, Bubba," I whispered. I found myself hovering over his body with my hands planted on the ground beside his head. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. I wanted him to open his eyes.

I wanted him to want the same.

I gently knelt down and placed me lips softly to his. Nothing had changed. It felt the same as it had the very first time. There was still that amazing feeling of bliss flowing through me.

The painful part was that Gumball was completely unaware. At least that's what I thought.

I felt his arms snake around me neck and pull my closer. So much closer. He kissed me back and began to sit up slowly, keeping our kiss intact. Soon we both sat upright but my legs were spread on either side of his waist. His hands moved to my cheeks and his breath became heavy.

We pulled apart much too soon and simply rested our heads against each others foreheads. Eyes closed.

"I love you," he whispered onto my lips.

I love you,

I love you,

I love you,

Fucking say it.

"Thank god," dammit. "I mean," I chuckled, embarrassed.

"I know," he shushed me. "I know."

"How are you so awesome?" I questioned him. Gumball just shrugged and hugged me tightly.

"Learned from the best I guess,"

"I guess so,"

Gumball grabbed my hands and smiled softly. I just stared at him, mesmerized. He began to chuckle and blush wildly.

"I can't believe I said that," he was the one who shook with embarrassed now. He still looked adorable doing it, though.

This guys gonna be the death of me.

That's it. Thanks to those who stuck with me until the end and especially to those who didn't complain about updates. I'm a person too. I do have a life outside of Wattpad. That being said, this book was enjoyable to write when I had real motivation. I loved reading comments and seeing your opinions on things. I hope you guys will check out my profile and see if I have any other works that strike your interest.

I have an undertale Sans X Reader fanfic out if you're down for that. I also have a few other ideas in the process but they haven't been published yet.

Have a wonderful day/night/evening, and I'll talk to you guys later.

<3