Hello

"All my life, my heart has yearned for something I cannot name."

~Andre Breton

I didn't even know how or why I did that. I wasn't thinking and more importantly, I don't think Bubba was either. It's not that I don't like Gumball, it's just I feel as if that wasn't the right moment. I mean, what am I gonna say later? "Oh yeah I asked you out after I potentially raped you." How subtle. Being the guy I am, you would think that I'd never discover certain emotions after something like that. Normally I'd walk away, leaving them to wonder. But not with Bubba. Something about him drew me in. He wasn't like anyone else.

"Marshall?" A soft voice interrupted my thoughts. I snapped out of my gaze and looked to my left. The prince was nuzzled up against my side as we sat on his balcony, looking at the stars.

"Hmm?"

"Just making sure you're here." He snuggled a little more into my jacket. His breath was warm, but the air was not; causing it to be visible. He let out a small shiver but tried to hide it.

"You cold?" I asked. The boy nodded slowly. "Well, you're not going to get any warmer by me." I wrapped my jackets around his shoulders gently. He smiled.

"Thank you Marshall." I nodded. Why was this so awkward for me? It's not like I've never dated anyone before. I've known bubba for so long and we've always just been friends. Lately we've been enemies and now, we're lovers. It was all so very confusing.

_*Flash back*_

I'm finally here. The land of Aaa. No more nitosphere hell! The air is fresh, the sky is blue, and the grass is green. Everything is colorful overall. Now to find myself a place to stay.

I zoomed around the land, searching for a cave of some sort. My umbrella provided my needed and necessary shade. My black hair blew around my eyes and my fangs poked out from my lip. My converse complimented my jeans and went well with my flannel shirt. It had sort of a lumberjack look but I was fine with it.

Suddenly I stopped. A large kingdom with an abundant amount of colors stood tall. Everything about it caught my attention. I'm not even sure why. Without a second thought, I made my way to the entrance.

Little people were laughing and enjoying each other's company. They weren't like any sort of creature I had ever seen. Some looked more plush than others and of corse they varied in size. Once again, wondrous colors all around me. Joy and happiness illuminated into the air as I flew. Little shops and such were set up as if this place were an actual civilization. If they truly are independent then they won't have a ruler.
I could always run things around here. It would sure be a change from hell. I thought to myself. Although, if they do, I could pop in for a visit. Maybe cause some trouble. Who knows?!

With a devious smile on my face, I looked to the top of the castle and chuckled darkly. This'll be fun...~

The wooden doors pushed open with ease and were silent, giving me the advantage. Light crept through and hit my face, casting a shadow on the floor behind me. A boy sat at a messy desk with loads of crumpled papers and pens scattered on the floor. His hair was ruffled and he wrote vigorously on the paper in front of him. I smirked and bared my fangs as I disappeared from sight. The boy groaned in frustration and I flew above his head.

"Darn thing..." He mumbled. I smiled to myself and quickly turned invisible. The boy looked up slightly stunned but soon gave me a smile. I stared at him in confusion. I mean- I'm a random stranger in his room and he doesn't mind one bit!

"Oh, hello." He simply said. I cocked an eyebrow and flew behind him. I crossed my legs and floated as he turned around in his chair.

"Uh, hey." I replied awkwardly. The boy continued with his obnoxious grin and I glared. His smile quickly faded and he now looked confused.

"What? Don't like smiles?"

"No." I hissed.

"Why ever not?" He tilted his head to the side like a puppy. I growled softly and rolled my eyes.

"What's there to smile about?" I asked.

"Well aren't you a sunshine.." He mumbled. "There's loads of things to be happy about!" He laughed.

"Yeah well, maybe for you." I looked down at the floor. The boy frowned and got up from his chair. The sound of the legs scrapping against the ground. Suddenly, he was kneeling in front of me.

"Yeah well," he mocked. "Now you've met me. So that's something to be happy for!" He chuckled and that smile appeared across his face once more. I couldn't hold mine back either. I let out a small chuckle and pushed him over. He squealed as he hit the ground.

"Alright then. What's your name new friend?" I made a face as i emphasized the last word. He stuck his tongue out at me.

"My name is Gumball. I am the prince of the Candy Kingdom. But you can call me Bubba." He smiled and stood himself up. "Now what's yours?"

"I am Marshall Lee Abadeer! Totally badass vampire and king of the Nitosphere." I let out a deep chuckle as I bared my fangs. The boy gasped slightly and took a few steps back.

"T-the Nitosphere?" He stuttered. I looked at him and nodded.

"Is there a problem?"

"W-well. If Pepper knew I was friends with a demon from the Nitosphere, she would flip out!" He shivered. I rolled my eyes and flew around him. I swung my arm around his shoulder and laughed.

"I guess we gotta keep this-" i motioned between the two of us. "A secret eh?" Bubba's famous smile slowly began to curl at the edge of his mouth. He shoved me away, laughing.

"Race you to the Strawberry Gardens vampire." And just like that, he sprinted down the hallway. I scoffed and playfully rolled my eyes. This kid thinks he can beat me at a race?! Hah!

I zoomed out the window and into the now dark sky. The stars peppered the dark blanked and shinned brightly. I haven't seen stars in so long. I stopped in the air and looked in wonder. They were so beautiful and seemed to whisper my name. The slight breeze felt so fresh against my skin and shook my hair ever so softly. I smiled and laughed in spite of myself.

"This is amazing!" I cheered as I spun around. I couldn't control my fit of laughter. the sound of my joy echoed into the sky and could be heard miles away. It was in that moment that I realized, I might lose this race.

I gasped and spun around, scanning the ground below for a little boy in pink.

Soon enough, I spotted him running toward a field contrasting with red and green. I smirked and kicked in my vampire speed. Within seconds, I was there among the fruit. Gasping, the prince turned the corner and jogged up to where I stood. I smiled as he bent over for breath.

"Oh, hello." I smirked. He laughed but the laugh was short. As was his breath. After a minute, he was breathing normally again.

"That's not fair. You can fly." He crossed his arms and pouted.

"Hey! You should've thought about that before you challenged a vampire to a race." I snapped back with a smile.

"Pain." The prince glared at me.

"Royal snob." I smiled as I grabbed a strawberry. He gasped and smacked it out if my hand. I looked at him shocked.

"Those are the kingdoms'." He stated. I raised an eyebrow.

"So?" I grabbed another one and sunk one fang in the side. The color drained and I soon felt satisfied. I tossed it onto the ground in front of Bubba. He looked at me in shock.

"No, WAY!" He laughed and tackled me to the ground. I landed with a thud on my back and found the boy pinning me down on the ground.

"How's this possible?!" He squealed as he messed with my face. He opened my mouth wide and poked my fangs. He looked absolutely astounded. His eyes shimmered and his smile was large. I groaned and frowned at him. He quickly got off and blushed.

"S-sorry. Science y'know?" He chuckled nervously. I smiled and brushed it off.

"You're a dork." I laughed. He blushes more and turned away.

"Well, Bubba Gumball. I think this is going to be an awesome friendship."