Chapter 7

****later on****

"Oh my gosh! Oh. My. God." Kate quietly squeals. "So things didn't go quite to plan, but I'm not complaining! You'll never guess who gave me their number" "Harry?" I pray that it was him and that he's over me already. "No--but I wouldn't be surprised if he asked you for yours, he was asking about you when you were gone earlier--but Liam. Liam Payne. You know he's always been my favorite" "What about Zayn?" I ask. "Lets not dig up the past, darling" she pats my hand. I watch Harry sit down next to Kate; both across from me. "So are you two enjoying tonight?" He asks. "It has been absolutely amazing" she tells him, adopting a British accent. I shake my head in mock shame.

"I'm sorry that she just offended you and your country" I say on her behalf. He laughs. He glances at his watch. "You've been here a while. Won't your boyfriends worry about you spending so much time with us?" He concludes. "Oh we don't have any boyfriends!" Kate says quickly. I hit her. "Really? Girls as pretty as you don't have a guy waiting at home?" he asks. "Nope! Free as birds. And don't be afraid to tell your friends that detail either" Harry laughs. I hit Kate again, but harder this time. She hits me back. Harry looks up. I glare at her. It's so weird to feel Harry's gaze on me. Any girl would kill for this, so why was I chosen? Kate starts to stand up. I hold on to her arm and pull her back to me. I whisper in her ear. "Please don't leave me alone with him" I beg. She whispers back "You'll thank me later" then she leaves. I look at Harry and force a laugh. "I really need to teach her how to keep her mouth shut" I look over at her. She waves back at me then throws her arms around Liam. I point at my watch. She holds up her hand. She mouths 'five more minutes'. I turn back to Harry. Ugh! I feel so awkward! How could he have develop feelings for me? "Your show was great, really" I say. "Well it helped that I was thinking of you." He meets my eyes on the last word. I advert my gaze. I feel someone tap my shoulder. "Okay killjoy, I'm ready" Kate informs. I look at Harry. "Oh, well, I have to go now...." "Wait!" He orders. He slips me a piece of paper that had his number on it. "We're on break now, so we'll be staying in town for the next week and I would love to see you during it." I shove the paper into my purse. "Oh...okay" I say not confidently. I grab Kate and drag her out. "Lets go. Now."

****later on****

"I think I might actually hate Kate right now..." I say. "No you don't" Niall says. "She did what she thought was helpful. She had no idea what she was doing" I press my phone harder against my cheek. "I can't believe I have to go out with Harry" "You can always decline it" Niall singsongs. "No I can't. Kate said I don't have a boyfriend. What other reason would I have to not go out with 1/5 of one direction besides I'm taken?! None that's what." "Lucy, listen to me. I will find a way to stop this, I promise you that. You just have to be patient" "Niall...." "I won't let you go through with it. I'm not going to watch my best friend go out with my girlfriend" I hear voices in the background. "Hey I--" Niall starts. "I know. I'll see you soon. Bye" "Hey I'll work on it. I love you. Bye"