Chapter 8

****days later****

"Thanks for the food, Harry." I thank. I gaze out of the car window. "Um...where are you taking me now?" I ask. We were heading into unfamiliar territory. "Well I promise you dinner and a movie, but I have to run home first" My eyes are panicked. I grab my phone. I immediately text Niall where we're going. I haven't really talked to him since that night. He promised he would stop this, but it's obvious he hadn't. I've been telling our every move and he still hasn't responded. I sigh and put it away. "Who are you messaging? You've been on your phone all day" We get on the elevator. "Oh it's just Kate checking up on me. I think she was more excited for today than I was" I force a laugh. I've been lying all day. I watch Harry unlocks his door. We walk inside. "Just make yourself comfortable. It'll just take a moment" he goes into another room. I sit down in a chair. I check my phone again.

Niall: Sorry. Dont worry. Im working on it! Im coming !!

I smile. He was coming to my rescue. Okay that's a little mean. Rescue.

I put my phone away. Now all I had to do was wait. I hear the door open. I strain to see who it was. "Harry!" I hear Niall greet. "Ya here?!" He sits in another chair. "He never fully closes the door" he tells me. "Anyone can slip in or out. I'm surprised he hasn't been kidnapped!"

Harry comes back in. His face is scrunched up as he slows his walk. "What are--what are you doing here mate?" He asks. He plasters on a smile. "Oh I got locked out of my room. And I don't have the extra key" "Did you call Liam" "Won't answer" "And you're planning on staying here?" "Yeah. Is that a problem?" Niall asks. His eyes rest on me. "Well we are in the middle of something. And we were about to leave..." I turn around and look Harry in the eye for the first time today. "We can't leave Niall by himself. I couldn't live with myself knowing we did" "Fine. Fine. Whatever" he goes back into that room.

I mouth the words 'Thank you' to Niall. I motion for Niall to follow me into the makeshift kitchen. We whisper. "Now what?" I ask. "I don't know. Didn't think I'd make it this far actually" I stare at him. "Pour me a glass of water would you?" He does. Harry comes back. He stops and looks at us. Then he sits in the seat I was in. I turn to Niall. "Thanks for the glass" I take a sip. "No problem" Niall walks away from me. He sits next to Harry since there's room for two. I sit in Niall's previous seat. "Well I promised you a movie, Lucy, so we'll just watch one here. How about Love Actually" I perk up. "Hey! That's my--" I get interrupted. Niall playfully hits Harry. He does his Cali girl impression "Oh my god! How did you know I loved this movie Harry?! Ugh! You know me so well! Gosh Harold..." Harry glances at Niall. "You told me you didn't like this movie. Said it got on your nerves" I look at Niall. He told me he loved that movie. He adverts his gaze.

****later on****

I didn't really get to enjoy the movie that much. But that's okay, I got to be entertained by Niall messing with Harry. Niall was messing with his hair...his clothing... He even laid in his lap like I do to him. I swear Niall transformed into Harry's girlfriend during the movie....or at least that was how he was acting. I really hope he wasn't copying me...I hope I'm not that annoying... Harry stands up. "I'm going to get my keys then I'll take you home" he leaves. Once he's out of earshot, Niall and I start whispering. "Okay, so its official...you have issues!" I tease. "Hey! I told you I would ruin your date and I did" "Yeah, yeah. Hey come over tonight?" I ask. "Wouldn't miss it" he smiles. Harry enters the room. I stand up. "It was nice seeing you Niall" I say.

****later****

Harry walks me to my door. "Hey...I'm sorry about Niall..." "It's okay...it's not like you planned it" Yeah, it was me actually. I tuck my hair behind my ear, I do that when I'm nervous. "Yeah, but I still wish this didn't ruin our night" "It's fine" I stop in front of my door. I turn back to him. "It was fun. It really was" Hey...that was the first thing I said that was truthful today. And the first time I really looked him in the eye. The date wasn't as bad as I keep telling myself. He didn't make me feel uncomfortable and I actually let myself have fun here and there. I wished he liked me as a friend instead of more than that. We would have been great friends. I was so lost in my thoughts, the only thing the brought me back to reality was the pressure of Harry's lips on mine. I gently push him away. "Harry..." I say. I was breathless. "Listen. I really like you already and Niall was being an idiot and messed today up. Sorry. I just really really fancy you...." I probably tucked my hair at least six times during his speech. "I-- I gotta--gotta go" the words fumble out of my mouth. He starts to go back to his car. "I hope to see you again Lucy" he says. I close the door and lean my back against it. Niall can't know about this, I think to myself, he cant know that harry kissed me. And more importantly, that I wanted more...

****later that night****

"Babe? Are you listening?" I glance at Niall. "Yeah" I answer. "Okay. Then tell me what I just said" "You were telling me how much you love me?" I flutter my eyes. "No" he says blankly. I deflate. I've been trying to hold myself up, Lucy?" Niall asks. "Nothing" I pull my knees towards me. "Yes there is. 'Cause you're all the way over there and I'm over here all by meself!" He stretches out on the couch. I was in a chair adjacent of him. I couldn't make myself sit near him. "Plus, you've barely said a sentence to me since I got here!" "I'm fine" I say. "Perfectly fine" He stares at me. "Can we just watch tv?" I suggest. He finally turns away.

****the next day****

The doorbell rings. "Are you expecting someone?" Harry asks. I invited him over so we could discuss our little...exchange. "No..." I answer hesitantly. I go to the door and look through the peephole. I see Niall outside the door. My heart drops. He's not suppose to be here. I open the door slightly. "What are you doing here?" I ask. "I need to talk to you Lucy. About this" He pulls out his phone and shows me a news story. A picture was there. Of me and HarryAnd our kiss. Fuck everything. "Are you okay Lucy?" Harry calls. I cringe. I wasn't going to tell Niall he was here. Niall looks at me pointedly. "What's he doing here?!" He whispers. "I'm fine!" I call back to Harry. To Niall I say "Don't look at me like that! Like I'm doing something disgusting or something. Nothing's going on!" He points harshly at the picture. "Then what is this? If nothing's going on, why didn't you tell me? Why did you keep this a secret?" "Why do keep me a secret?!" I ask harshly. His whole entire face falls. "Niall I didn't--" I start. He holds up his hand to stop me. "I need to go" he says sharply then he leaves my sight. I close the door and lean my back against it. Wasn't I in this position just yesterday? "Fuck" I whisper to myself.