The Beginning

"I was once afraid to love someone with all my heart."

"But then you met me," he tenderly replied as his warm hands reached out for my cold hands.

*****

"Hey isn't that Taehyung?" asked Irene. I turned around slightly to see from the corner of my eye that it was indeed, Taehyung's irregular big head walking toward us. I shrugged and kept on walking.

"Hey Y/N! You really gonna act like that?" he asked and laughed irritatingly. "Why so cold?" he continued while already catching up to me.

"Cause I can't stand you."

"Aw c'mon we knew each other since the day you were born."

"Stop exaggerating. It was in Pre-K." I retorted.

"Ah so you do remember." And there he goes, laughing NOTORIOUSLY all over again. We grew up together, mainly because we were neighbors and due to the fact that my parents got along with his. We were in the same schools up until middle school year. I decided to go to a further place whereas he stayed close to home.

"We finally get to see each other again," he said smiling.

"I see your face everyday, it's no big deal."

"Yes but I mean at school since I transferred to yours hehe. I get to bully you again."

"Don't even think about it. I will kick your ass."

"Hey that's not something a lady should say. Tell her Irene." I looked behind us to see that Irene was following cautiously behind us but carefully listening to every detail.

"Um well, it is Y/N we're talking about. She does what she wants," she replied timidly. Truthfully I don't get why she does this. She's always so loud and cheery.

"Just shut up Tae and stop pestering me." I was about to turn the corner when he grabs me by the hand and runs down the hall, leaving Irene behind.

"What the hell?"

"Here I wanted to give you this," he said handing me a bag.

"And you just couldn't give it to me back there?"

"I'm not a nice guy remember? It'll ruin my image." He smiles and then walks me back to class.

"Hey what was that about?" pondered Irene.

"Nothing."

"Oh ok then," she hesitantly said. "By the way, are you free later? We should go to Sana's hangout." Irene looked hopeful, she really wants to find a good boyfriend this year. As sophomores, I don't see the hurry but because of those puppy eyes, I agreed to go.

*****

After dropping by my house, I changed clothes and met up with Irene. Her older brother Keith drove us to the place.

"Hey Y/N, watch out for my stupid sis ok?"

"Obviously, who do you think I am?" I rhetorically asked. He smiled and drove off.

"I'm so excited!" said Irene. We walked in and it was pretty much boring. I knew no one and didn't like to associate myself with strange looking guys.

"Hey, why is a pretty girl like you all alone here?" asked a tall wimpy guy. I simply turned my head away and continued to listen to my music.

"Hey talk to me." Again, ignored. Can't this guy take a hint or what.

"She'd rather talk with athletes like me," came a voice from behind. Then suddenly more guys came over. I was feeling annoyed, bored and the heat was starting to take over so I boiled a bit and loudly said, "If a girl doesn't bother to make a conversation, it's best to leave then embarrass yourselves. Irene! I'm leaving whether you come or not."