The First and Last

Today was the big day. Years have passed by so quickly I never bothered to keep track of time.

"Unnie! Be careful of your wedding dress!" shouted one of the bridesmaids.

In the beautiful glamorous wedding gown, everything felt like a dream come true. Wishes that were made came true and people I loved were given happy endings as well.

"On a count of three! All my single ladies who aren't married yet get ready! One, two....three!"

The bouquet of flowers flew in the air. As if in slow motion, it twirled around, flying towards the hands of every girl. I reached up with both hands like it was an intentional fate and caught it.

"Yay! Congrats!" shouted one of the girls.

"I knew it!" shouted the bride.

She walked up to me and hugged me happily.

"My brother-in-law will soon be landing a beautiful girl!" she said excitedly.

"There's my beautiful wife," said JB as he puts his arms around his bride.

"And there's my beautiful girl," said Taehyung as he wraps his arms around me.

"Aish. These two boys. Everything's a competition," I said smiling.

"You caught it! You really caught it!" said Taehyung excitedly.

"Jjan jjan!" I said, putting the bouquet in front of his face.

"A dance with my gorgeous wife please?" JB asked her.

She nodded and they both went to the dance floor for a slow dance.

"I've been holding back because hyung wanted to get married first," said Taehyung.

I shook my head.

"It's okay. I'll gladly wait but just know, the longer you wait the more extravagant the proposal better be," I said jokingly.

"Of course! It's me Taetae! I wouldn't give anything less than what you deserved," he said with a smile.

He raised his eyebrows at me and acted conceited.

"Now shall we dance too?" he asked, holding out his hand to me.

"We shall," I said, taking his hand.

On this beautiful evening, I had my first dance with the man I would soon call my last. As we twirled around the dance floor clumsily, I knew, I was in the right hands and the choices we've made has brought us together. For better or for worse, life is a serious of chances and we decided our own paths. In the center of the floor, Taehyung laid a magical kiss on my lips as he whispered his eternal love for me.