Back to The Beginning

Irene's POV *Before Y/N'S Confession*

"Taehyung-ah, can we talk for a moment?" I asked.

"Oh hey Irene, sure!" He walked outside the classroom to where I was standing by the windows.

"Umm so I have been wanting to say this for a while now. I think it's finally the right time. I...Taehyung-ah I like you," I said with big eyes.

A beautiful girl like her is in love with me? Lately I've been getting the feeling that she sneaks glances at me but I didn't know it meant anything. "I also like you too. You're pretty cute Irene."

He smiled at me and all I could do was smile back. "Then can you be my boyfriend?" I asked politely.

"I'd love to be! Ahhh you're such a cutie!" he said, wrapping his arms around my shoulders. I was genuinely shocked that he would do such a thing right way. Still, it made me pretty happy.

*Y/N'S CONFESSION FROM TAEHYUNG'S POV*

"Hey idiot! I wanna talk to you. Meet me later at the usual?"

"Kay." I smiled at her and walked off with Jimin.

"So?" I asked. Her pale face was flushed with bright pink. She was playing with her fingers silently before she replied quietly.

"You know, we've known each other for a while now but you remember that something new I was talking about before? Well, it's my feelings. I...I really like you. More than a friend. I...I just wanted you to know that."

She looked down and away from me. I couldn't believe this, more like I didn't want to. Irene had just confessed earlier. Flustered and unprepared, I wasn't sure what to do. Why...why is my heart beating like this? It wasn't the same with Irene. Maybe it's just because she wasn't acting like the Y/N I knew. Still, I can't take back what I said to Irene, that would be wrong of me.

"...Mianhae. I like you. But only as a friend. You're like a little sister of mine." I turned away from her because I couldn't stand to look her in the eye. "The one I like is Irene. Sorry. I really am."

Then I heard a laugh. My face wouldn't turn to face her. Taehyung you jerk.

"I really can't be happy for you. I'm sorry too. I can't cheer you on like a good sister would."

Before I could say something she ran away. I really didn't know she would cry. Aish Taehyung what did you do? Did you really just hurt your best friend?

She didn't come to school the next day.

*A Few Days Later//Tae's POV*

Honestly, Y/N hasn't changed one bit. She just acts the same. The way she talks to me, her cold shoulder, and being in her own little world, it was all the same. Why does it feel like I was expecting something different?

It was so silly of me but I always wanted to be her knight. Since we were children, I wanted to be her protector. I guess she wouldn't know that whenever she laughed at my weird faces and motions, I laughed along because her lovely giggles were so contagious. But isn't this all because she's like a little sister to me?

"Hey Irene, lets go on a date this weekend," I said trying to be optimistic like usual. Even though Irene agreed, my eyes were on her. Y/N-ah, why won't you look my way at least once? She was engrossed in her music. I guess I was overthinking it all. Taehyung you hopeless lover. What are you doing?

Irene grabbed my hand and we walked off, leaving Y/N behind. She didn't look like she was hurt anymore but her teary face still stayed with me. Aish Taehyung, you should be focusing on your girlfriend, you pabo.