Call me Joonie

I woke up in the morning feeling like the world was in my hands. My heart didn't feel heavy anymore and instead of carrying bricks around, my heart held butterflies. I got ready for school with my daily routine and went downstairs for breakfast. Pouring myself some orange juice, I sat there at the table and stared blankly into space. In the midst of my nonexistent thoughts, a knock brought me back to reality. No one ever comes over in the morning so I carefully lifted the side curtains to sneak a peek at who my guest was. As soon as I did so, I saw a derp face that startled me into stone. Getting my soul back I opened the door and didn't hesitate to flick the top of his head.

"Yah! Kim Taehyung! If you're gonna make that face at least warn me a little! My soul left the country!" I crossed my arms and looked at him sternly.

"Heehee, don't worry, your soul is with me. Plus I know how much you love my faces. You said so yourself," he said smiling brightly.

I blushed and replied, "Pshh own a mirror please." He was right, I did love it. No matter how ridiculous or ugly he'd try to make it, I'd always end up loving it. "Why are you here?"

"To pick you up of course! Did our nerd forget we had school today?" he said ruffling my hair and inviting himself inside.

I glared at his back and smirked before head-locking him from behind. "Pwahaha!" While ruffling his soft hair with my knuckles I laughed at his surprised expression. "How do you like that?" I giggled and quickly ran behind the table to defend myself from him.

Rubbing his head and fixing his hair he smiled shyly and said, "Y/N-ah, my heart is not okay because you do things like this. Be prepared to take responsibility." After saying so, his big eyes stared at mine and the smile disappeared. My ears were burning hot from his low sweet voice and my heart fluttered angrily from his strong gaze. The heated silence between us made it difficult to blink or look away from each other. Taehyung confuses me. One second he's a sweet puppy, the next, he becomes dangerously irresistible.

Nae gieogui guseok, han kyeone jarijabeun galsaek piano. Eoril jeok jip anui guseok, han kyeone jarijabeun galsaek piano.

My phone rang out of the blue, ending our staring contest. I reached out and picked up the call. "Hello?"

"Hey Y/N, it's me Namjoon. Um I got your number from J-hope and um I was wondering if you would maybe show me where the art club is?" he stuttered. I thought it was kind of cute that he was relying on someone younger.

"Of course! I'm actually in the art club so it's not a problem at all. I'll be on my way to school now so I'll meet you afterwards by your class. Bye Namjoon." I hung up after he said bye as well and turned my attention back to Taehyung just to see him sitting down and eating my breakfast.

"Yah! That's my jelly toast!"

"It's mine now," he said raising his eyebrows teasingly.

I sneered and then leaned down with both arms resting on the table. "Good. You should eat more. Be a healthy young man Kim Taehyung then maybe I'll like you a little more."

His eyes opened wide and his mouth dropped open. "Then I'll eat more!"

I laughed at his silliness and we finished our breakfast together. We walked to school and talked about all the things that randomly popped up in his mind. The strangest things come out of his mouth but I like them all.

The day went by slowly like usual as classes just keep getting more and more dreadful. Finally classes were over with and I ran to meet up with Namjoon. I saw him standing outside of his class waiting patiently. 'It would be fun to scare him. Maybe he'll jump like Hobie oppa!' I thought to myself. Quietly I crept over with small steps. "BOO!"

"Woah!" he screamed and shielded himself with his flapping arms. I laughed so hard tears were forming at the corner of my eyes.

"Mianhae! I just couldn't help it," I said laughing while holding onto my stomach. He saw me and just laughed along.

After art club, we walked to our lockers. Some girls passed by us and starting calling out to him. One of the girls called him Joonjoon, the other called him NamNam.

"Joonjoon? Namnam?" I asked curiously. "You like those names? Frankly Joonie sounds better."

"I don't really like people giving me nicknames," he replied bluntly.

I looked down at the ground and thought about what to say next to avoid an awkward silence. "Soooo you like art too?" I asked.

"I think it's interesting. I'm not the best at it but I try."

"Art is about expressing oneself. Even if it may not be the best in your opinion, I think if you did put your whole heart into it then the ending piece will always be beautiful. Art isn't just what you see. It can be what's heard, what's felt, and there's no limit. Dancing is a form of art. Music is art. What's your specialty? Any hidden talents?" I asked.

"I rap, that counts right?" he said looking me in the eyes.

"Wah! You do? Free style right now and show me," I said genuinely interested.

"Okay, I'll try since it's you. Yo uh uh yo okay 1, 2 ,3. Yo I see so many fans, I wanna be a man. Oh it's so hot in here so I need a fan. I be missing you be kissing me. You know I'm killing this beat so I'm killing this heat. You know I-I'm Rap-monster so I rap nonstop so this this this is my concert. Yeah uh." He finished and blushed. "Sorry I was really nervous but I'll do better next time." He covered his face and squinched his eyes.

"No it was good! I put you on the spot and you did it without much coercion. See I don't have that confidence or talent," I said smiling to reassure him.

"I can rap too!" says a voice I can never get rid of. I turned around to see Taehyung standing right behind me. "Yo a song for you. For inviting us I thank you. A song for you. I really like you. I want to come back here with you...you."

I cringed and tried to hold in my laugh. The way he rhymed you with you was adorable but in order to keep in my laughter I said, "Hmm good job."

"Yah mine was better!" said Taehyung. I ignored him and grabbed my stuff.

"Well I'll get going now. I'll see you tomorrow Namjoon." I smiled and walked off. Taehyung followed behind me but before I got far Namjoon called out my name.

"Y/N-ah! Call me Joonie oppa. If it's you then I'm okay with it." Showing off his dimples he smiled, waved, and then walked off to the opposite direction. I stood there stunned and blinked my eyes multiple times.

"Joonie?" I said softly under my breath.