Part 12

“So, what are the plans for today?” Dougie asked when he was back

“I have a day off” I smiled

“Really? Well, me too. Tom just texted me that the studio session is cancelled for some reason”

“I was thinking…” I couldn’t finish my sentence because my phone started ringing. It was Josh.

“Have to take this one Dougie”

“Yeah sure, no problem”

I went to the hall and picked up the phone

“Hello?”

JESSIE! It’s me”

“Hoi hoi Josh” I laughed

“How is London?”

“Great actually. Love it here but I miss you so hard, you know”

Miss you too Jess, miss our conversations and movie nights and things like that”

“Stop it Josh, or I’ll start crying”

No no don’t! And by the way, I’m calling you for a reason. What if I would come over to London?”

“What??? Are you coming over??? YESSSS!”

I first have to ask it, you know but I really want it so…”

“YESSSS PLEASE! I MISS YOU JOSH”

“Miss you too, I’ll ask my parents. Maybe I can come over for a weekend or something?”

“Ask it!”

I will but now I have to go. I’ll call you back later, ok?”

Ok, byeee”

“Byee Jessie”

 Ok, I really want this to happen. I miss Josh so hard. I miss Megan too but actually not as hard as Josh. I know that’s weird to say but it’s the truth. I’ve always been closer with Josh than with Megan. Josh was like a brother to me, and he still is. He has helped me so much with everything. My house was like a second home for him. Every time he had a fight with his parents, he came over. And trust me, his parents fight a lot. His parents were also very strict. He was even too scared to tell his parents that he had a girlfriend about a year ago, they already broke up now but anyway.

Woops, almost forgot that Dougie was here…

 “Sorry about that. It was Josh, I had to answer that one”

“It’s fine” he smiled

“I miss him but he’s maybe coming over so fingers crossed” I winked

“Fingers crossed for you. But you wanted to say something but then your phone went off”

“Ow right, well I was thinking about going to the park. It’s not that far away from here. It’s beautiful weather outside so I wanna enjoy my day off. What do you think?”

“Great idea. We can have a picnic too?”

 “Even better” I winked

I don’t know what this is between me and Dougie but it’s like we have known each other for so long now. I feel very comfortable with him actually.

 We took everything we needed and put it in a basket.

“Got everything?”

“Yes, I think so” I smiled