Part 18

The next day, I had to work only from 9 till 12 o’clock. The most important thing was to finish the interview about James Arthur and the one of Lawson. Lukas did that interview yesterday, now we just have to finish the lay-out. Lukas and I were already at 9am at the office, George wasn’t here yet.

I’m wondering how he would look today. Just as I expected, George came in, still half asleep with a terrible headache.

“What on earth has happened to you?” Lukas asked

“Don’t ask… Please… Don’t ask” George sighed

“Hangover…” I whispered in Lukas’s ear

“What? And the party isn’t even started yet? That’s tonight”

“Urgh… I feel awful..” George sighed. Suddenly, he ran out of the office, his hand covered his mouth

“I hope he reaches the toilet in time” Lukas laughed

“Me too…”

 --

“You know, it takes long until George is back actually”

“Yeah actually…” Lukas said

“I’ll check if he’s still alive”

I walked to the bathrooms and just walked in. I didn’t care that the bathrooms of the boys and girls are separated. He was just washing his hands.

“Ah, you’re still alive?”

“Yeah…”

“Feeling better?”

“Yeah… I had to..”

“Don’t wanna know the details George” I said and held up my hand to stop his from talking

“Yeah maybe that’s the best” George smiled

“One thing for tonight, no alcohol for you, understood?”

“Yes mum…”

“I’m serious George”

“I know Jessie”

 The rest of time, we continued working. George was actually lucky Greg wasn’t here or…

We has just finished the interviews in time.

“Well guys, I guess I’ll see ya tonight right?”

“Yep” Lukas smiled

“See you tonight Jessie”

“Ow and George, maybe you should try to sleep a little bit now” I laughed

“Yeah yeah I get it” George laughed. Then I left.

 It was around 12.30 when I arrived at home. I first had some lunch. Just a salad by the way.

I jumped a little bit when I heard my phone. I got a message. Why the hell did I have to scare like that? It was Dougie, of course. ‘I’ll be around 6pm at your place. Is that ok? Xx’  

The party starts at 7 so… ‘Yep, that’s perfect ;) xx’ 

After that, I went to the bathroom and filled the bath. I took a long bath, that makes me calm down because for some reason, I was quiet nervous. Don’t ask me why. I was almost fallen asleep in the bath and I was surprised it was almost 3pm already. Woops…

Iquicklyshavedmy legs, did my nails, make-up,… Then I wanted to take on my dress but I realized I couldn’t do it alone. There was a zipper on the back of the dress and I couldn’t close it myself. In the shop, Sarah helped me with it. Shit!

Ok, it was mission impossible to close it alone. What now? There is no other option than to wait until Dougie is here, so he can help me… I just took on a short and a top.