Part 21

The rest of the day, Dougie stayed with me. We lied on the couch, cuddled very close to each other. At the end, Dougie stayed here to sleep too. The first and maybe the last time we actually slept together. The next day, I went to Greg’s office and explained him everything. He was very shocked but he understood that it wasn’t easy for me to suddenly live in another country. I quit on Wednesday.

 Then it was time to tell George and Lukas. I was wondering how they would react. I first started searching for George. He wasn’t in his office. Where the hell is he? Eventually, turned out he was just to the toilet.

“George!” I shouted when he came out of the toilets

“Jessie? Erm… you’re ok? You need me?”

“I need to tell you something..”

“Erm… Sure. What do you wanna tell me?”

“I’m leaving”

“I beg your pardon? Please, tell me I’ve heard that wrong?”

“Nope, unfortunately not. I’m going back to Belgium. I quit this job”

“Jessie… Are you… Are you serious?”

“Yes George…”

“Why?”

“I miss my family George and my friends… In the beginning, I thought this feeling would fade away but it doesn’t. This sucks but… I’m leaving on Thursday”

“What? On Thursday already?”

“Yeah… Wednesday is the last day I’ve to work. On Thursday, I’ve got a train back to Belgium. It’s already booked”

“I’m gonna miss you Jessie…” George sighed

“I’m gonna miss you too George” I sighed and pulled him in a hug.

 “Erm… I’m gonna tell Lukas now..”

“Sure… Erm if you need me, I’m in my office”

“Okay”

It was easier to find him. He was just behind his desk, working on something.

“Lukas?”

“Yes?” he immediately looked up from his computer

“Erm… it’s just to let you know that I’m leaving”

“What???”

“Yeah, I’m going back to Belgium”

“What? Wow why??”

“This has nothing to do with this job or something. It’s just.. I’m missing home and that’s the reason I’m going back. I’m leaving on Thursday”

“Thursday already? Jessie…”

“I’m sorry Lukas”

He got up from behind his desk

“I’ll miss you”

“I’ll miss you too Lukas” I sighed and hugged him too.

 “But now, I’ll go back to work. I have to finish 2 interviews before Wednesday”

“If you need help or anything..”

“Thanks Lukas” I smiled

Then I went over to my desk. One of the last days at this office… One of the last days in London…