Part 22

My parents and brother were of course very happy I’m coming home but they know it was on the other hand also not that easy. I mean, I have to give up my job. But well yeah, in Belgium I will find another job too. The next days, Dougie came over every day. He helped me packing and cleaning up the apartment. The last day at work was a hard one. They did a surprise party to say goodbye to me. You just gotta love them. I will definitely miss them.

 The next day was THE day. The day I’ll leave. I was almost done with packing. Dougie was here too to help me. I’m so gonna miss him. My train leaves at 6.34pm so I have to be at the station around 6pm for sure. This is gonna be hard. I think that it’s the best if I would take a taxi and that Dougie stays at home. Otherwise, I will definitely cry. So, I did call a taxi. We quickly put all my stuff in the car and then it was time to say goodbye to Dougie.

“This is it…” I sighed

“I’m gonna miss you Jessie”

“I’m gonna miss you too Dougie”

He pulled me into a hug. Oh God, I wish I never had to let him go anymore. I really do love him and it breaks my heart that I have to leave him but…

 “Miss, we really have to go or you will miss your train” the taxi driver said

“5 more minutes”

He just nodded and already got in the car.

“Promise me you will call or text me as soon as you arrive in Brussels and that we will call each other on Skype. Deal?”

“We have a deal” I smiled

“I love you Jessie Adams”

“I love you too Dougie Poynter”

He softly pushed his lips on mine and now it was really time to go.

“I’ve to go…”

“I know… Goodbye?”

“Goodbye Dougie…”

I gave him one last kiss and then I got in the taxi. I waved at him the whole time until he was out of sight. This feeling is breaking my heart and it was difficult not to cry…