The Night

RPOV
I had to embrace my child while she was here. But knowing she was going to die like the children in the Badica attacks absolutely terrified me. I could barely look at her.

"Where Aunty Lissy?" Valya demanded the second I scooped her up, having met her at the cafeteria where Christian and Eddie and co had been looking after her. Her but not Lissa.
I pursed my lips and tried to access the bond. With her in my arms I sprinted towards the North-West border of campus.

DPOV
"I've got Roza. For god's sake, someone get Val out of here!" I ordered and tugged a very resistant soulmate of mine away from the scene.
"Let go of me!" A string of protests and curses fell from her lips in Russian.
"No chance in hell, Roza. Not until you shake out of this. This isn't you, Roza," I started pleading with her while pulling her into the cabin.

RPOV
Oh god. I was going to let Valya get killed because the darkness was going to drive me insane. Dimitri held me while I blubbered to him.
"I'm never going to let you go insane. Everyday I'll reminded you how strong you are, how I fall for you just a bit more each day because of it. I will never let you go insane."
"You're one brave man, Dimitri. Loving me—"
"Loving you is the best part of my life, Roza." He gazed meaningfully into my eyes. "Roza... we can't..."
"I don't care. Give her to me now...."
I saw the battle in his eyes, then decision, as much as I felt it.

If I'd thought protected sex with him was amazing, he just corrected me. This wasn't just sex. This was the purest, most powerful form of love-making possible. This had meaning unlike any-other time we'd done it. Raw. Exposed. Vulnerable. Strength. It was so different, so mind-blowing, that I felt like he was taking my virginity once more with how much love I was receiving and how inexperienced I felt.

"We should head back," Dimitri groaned in annoyance.
"Let them assume the worst," I ordered and tugged him back down before straddling him. 
"They don't need find out the tru..." Dimitri moaned when I teasingly rubbed against him, provoking him.
"Ready to hand over the Stetson, Cowboy? Because I think this town just got a new sheriff; the old one was found to—"
"Roza!" whined Dimitri. I actually managed to tease the badass guardian god enough to make him whine. "Please babe!" he begged in Russian. "Just... Oh, Roza!"

DPOV
A bolting from my arms awoke me. Roza! What on earth?
"Honey? What's wrong?"
She tossed me my clothes and stake while hurriedly dressing. "They're coming! That's what she told me. Val!" Rose frantically pointed to outside the cabin. "They. Are. Coming!"
I dressed just as quickly. "They? Who's they, Roza?"
"Strigoi," she murmured just as the door was busted open.