The 'Romitri' romance realised (if only for a day)

"Where to first, my love?" Dimitri asked as he helped me out of the car again.

"Hmm. Food. We haven't eaten since our Macca's run. And that was way too long ago."

"Food it is." He wrapped an arm around my waist and used the remote locking again as we started to walk away from the car.

We spent right through 'til closing time going from shop to shop. We got Christmas pressies for everyone. And I did a VS trip especially to make it up to Dimitri. We spent a good hour, or two, in VS with me trying things on and Dimitri 'yay'ing or 'nay'ing. In the end we got me about six new sets. We bought a new set of clothes just for the date, and Dimitri had stipulated it be formal attire. After dumping all but the needed bags in the car, we got cleaned and changed in the closest bathrooms. When I came out I was greeted with a too-good-looking-for-his-own-good, well cleaned up, Dimitri. Who bore a jewellery box.

"Dimka?"

"My Roza." He smiled his breathtaking smile and I melted even more. "It's a promise ring," he whispered huskily in my ear as he opened it and slid it on to my right ring finger. "I promise to protect and love you always," he murmured against my lips, "well done today, my love. And thank you for asking for this..."

"Just shut up and ki-" I teasingly interjected, only to get cut off by the requested kiss.

"We have reservations in under an hour." He grabbed my hand and led me back to the car.

When he pulled into the parking lot of one of the most expensive restaurants in town I gasped then slapped his arm. "You. Are only getting to do this if I foot half the bill- minimum."

"But Rose..."

"Ung-unh. You're forgetting the size of my trust and my high limit cards."

"Screw you for have access to those accounts Abe set up!" He teased. "You've been spending all day."

"Yeah, but I can afford it."

"How is my jobless girlfriend richer than I am?"

"Because. I'm my father's daughter. And he loves me to bits." I returned the banter.

"He can't love you as much as I do." Dimitri, once again, played the perfect gentleman and helped me out of the car.

"No one can love me as much as you do." I pecked his lips, pulling back before he could deepen it.

"Come on." He kissed my forehead and led me into the restaurant. "Reservation for two under 'Belikov' for seven-thirty." Dimitri told the lady behind the counter.

"Ah. Here we go. Rose and Dimitri Belikov. This way please." She led us to a table for two in a quite corner of the restaurant.

"Didn't know you were such a romantic!" I quietly teased playfully once we were alone.

"Watch it!" He teased back, just as quietly. "I was raised a gentleman. Therefore, I also know how to be romantic."

A waiter came over to take our drink order.

"Really? You didn't just order their most expensive champaign. I mean, I can afford it no worries. But honestly? I haven't touched alcohol since the night of that incident before running. And for good reason."

"Rose. If only just one drink, on one very special, and really rather rare, night. Let loose. She's behind wards. And you've been through too much. Let me treat you." He gently begged and I caved.

"Only you. Only you." I sighed. "I have told you I love you recently, haven't I?"

"Yes. Just then. And I love you too." The waiter returned and poured us each a glass of champaign, placed the bottle in an ice bucket, took our food order then left. "A toast. To my beautiful girlfriend, the love of my life and the woman who wound me around her pinkie the minute she was born. I love you my precious Roza. For forever and a day." We quietly chinked our glasses and took a mouthful.