Realities

RPOV

"Russian Rose? Really, since when did you learn, and fluently speak Russian?" Mase, my puppy, asked incredulously as we walked away from my Dimka.

I sighed before answering. "Since I am Russian."

"What?!" He squeaked.

"I. Am. Russian. I was born in Russia and got moved out here when I was four." I responded in English before muttering "Dimitri's been working with me on getting it back," in Russian.

"Say what about Belikov?"

"I talked him into helping me pick it back up."

"He's turned into your Russian tutor too?"

"Yes. But you can't let this get out Mase. There's more to the story, but even this much getting out puts me at risk." Not like my name change didn't do that already. "You know I'm dangerous but I'm also in danger. My parentage makes me both."

"You mean?"

"I'm a potential pawn for Moroi politics. And the non-royal kind."

"You, Rose Hathaway, are an enigma."

"Unh-uh. Nope. I am not. Rose Hathaway that is. I mean, I am in a way- that's taking my mother's surname and my Americanised name."

"Then who are you?"

"Roza Mazur." I whispered in his ear so no one else could hear.

"Y-you're HIS daughter?"

"Yes Mase. I'm related to zmey."

"Oh boy."

"Don't be so shocked!" I laughed.

Ugh! Mia! She just had to kick up a fuss. She was tormenting Liss again. I was beside her side in seconds and milliseconds afterwards she was behind me, I was taking a protective stance.

"Mia." I growled. "Leave. Liss. Alone. She's done nothing to you. Stop being a child. You're mad at André not Lissa."

"Blo-"

"I am not a bloodwhore. I haven't even kissed a guy since coming back." Well, not that she knew of. Not even Liss knew about my stolen kisses with Dimitri, my Dimitri, my Dimka. Not even Jesse Zeklos got my attention- and he hated me for it.

"With the way you flirt? Impossible."

"Oh? If my reputation is so well known around here, Gap Kids, then how come nothing new's come up?" I turned to Christian. "Go. Take her to your hideout."

"I'm on it." He grabbed her hand and led her to the attic.

I was about two more words away from calling Dimitri to get me out of here. And those those two words came out of Mia's mouth. "Strigoi lover."

I snapped. "Dimitri Belikov! Get me out of here!"

"Rose." He grabbed me by the wrists, took one look at my face and said "let's get you out of here," in Russian.

I obligingly, and gladly had him drag me out of the gym. Once we were far enough away he dropped his hand so it held mine, and turned to face me. "Oh, my Roza."

"Dimitri." I almost cried.

"Come on." He said with a suggestive twinkle in his eye.

"Dimka?" I asked cautiously.

"You've snapped my control, my love." He whispered in Russian as he led me into the guardian dorms, the back way. He snuck me up to his room and trapped me between him and door once it had been locked.