Training time

Twenty minutes later and I was in the gym and setting up. She'd be getting her combat today too.

"Hey comrade!" She cheerily walked into the gym right on time.

"Hey Rose." I looked up at her. With a small smile. "Business time," I gently reminded her, she nodded her understanding- the smile and good mood never dropping, "you know the idea. Twelve laps. I'll join you if you'd like."

"Please." She gently agreed, a slight pleading present.

"Come on then." We headed out to the track and she pushed, despite how much pain she was likely in after two years of nothing, she pushed to keep up with me. I was proud of her. She'd shaved time already just because I was with her, she had someone to compete and compare with.

"A minute and a half shaved just because I joined you. Atta girl." I smiled at her as we walked back into the gym.

"Seriously?"

"Yes. You had some one to measure against."

"Yeah. I hurt like hell, but it's worth it."

"Come on. Machines."

"Don't go easy on me comrade. I'm not delicate, I'm durable."

"Wouldn't dream of it." Of you, yes, of going easy on you, never.

She certainly was durable, her being was precious to me but her body was certainly durable.

I showed her what to do, increasing weights and reps slightly- knowing she'd be able to handle it. She took it without complaint.

"Done Dimitri."

"Dummies, then sparring? Or the other way around?"

"Other way around. You know my ass is getting kicked."

"Yes. It is. You're right. It's more useful to have a moving target right now."

"Exactly."

By the end of it she'd picked up and perfected four moves already.

"You, are a remarkable quick study." I picked her up off the mat and kissed her cheek. "Good job Roza. Now go get breakfast. I'll see you around."

"Later comrade." She left completely stunned.