Through The Test Of Time: Chapter 11

"Zulueta?"

I look back to see who calls my name. May nakakakilala pala sa'kin dito sa New Jersey? Haha! Ako na ang peymus!

"Macaraig!" I shouted and run to him then hug him tight. "Kaya pala pamilyar ang boses mo!" I said while still hugging him. "How are you?" We let go of our hugs.

"I'm good... Really good." He smiles

"And?" I continue

"And still single! Hahaha!" We're here at the grocery store to buy all we need for our New Year's Eve.

"Love, kanina pa kita hinahanap nandito ka lang pala." My husband said while walking near me. He held me on my waist.

Michael looks at him. Richard too.

"Ahm, M-Macaraig this is Richard my husband." They shake hands as I introduce them to each other.

"Michael Macaraig." They both smile. "Her ex." And then he gave him his most insulting smile.

Her ex. There is a pause. And then he was forced to smile a bit.

Dawn was shocked. She smells trouble. Trouble when they got home.

When Mike bids goodbye, she tries to decrease the tension between her and Chard.

"Babe, gawa kaya tayo ng salad? What do you think?" She asks

"Ikaw." Not looking at her.

She's right. Definitely, right. By the time they we're heading back home and up until they got home he barely talks and that's making her irritated. Mike is part of the past for Pete's sake.

"Babe, may problema ba tayo?" Dawn asks him while unbuttoning her coat.

"Wala, pagod ako. Matutulog lang muna ako." He laid on the bed and cover his face with the pillow.

***

It's 12 midnight and Richard wasn't at home yet. 3 months after Macaraig met them in New Jersey and now their back in the philippines their still not in good terms, actually it's just him who wasn't in good terms.

"Where have you been, mister?!" She approached him, eyebrow's raised.

"Dyan lang. We've seen each other again." He answered smiling, from the front door to where she was standing 3 meters away from him, she smells liquor, again. He's always like this. Every night.

"Nino? At lasing ka na naman!" She scolded

"Veronica, Vern-nonica Martinez. Akala mo ikaw lang ang na-reunite with your ex noh?" He laugh sweetly and walk to her.

"Si Roni? You're high school girlfriend?" She help him go upstairs. Her waist banging at the wall because his walking unbalanced.

"Oo, at eto pa, shingle pa din ha?" He even shook his finger through her face while smiling like an idiot.

"Good for her! Patulan mo ha?" She said sarcastically. And let him fall on the bed.

"Uuuyy, nagtsetselot!" He teased and hug me. He-- we rolled twice on our bed. "Yiiieehh!!! Wag ka mag-alala misis. Ikaw ang mahal ko, kahit hindi ka na virgin." He pinched my nose.

"Alam mo hilo lang 'yan! Mabut-- arg! Ano ba?! Matulog na tayo!" I said while he's still holding my waist tightly.

"Ochige na nga! Hmmm, Love." He called, Dawn did not answer.

"Huuy..." Tickles his wife a bit.

"Hm?" She murmur

"Love you, mwah mwah! Wag mo akong ipagpapalit sa nerd na chekered boy na Macaraig na 'yun ha?" Her forehead crumpled after hearing those words and smiles as she felt a soft peck on her nape. And the hug untightens, she hears him snore.

She turns around to kiss him.

***

He's having a hard time waking up this morning, headache is killing him. Hangover strikes. He massage his head anfmd closes his eyes when he heard a car parked and honks and then someone open the gate.

"May bisita ba kami ngayon?" He whisper and get up even if his head is aching so hard.

"Love? Sino yung--" he stops before walking down the stairs and "Tss! Si boy checkered na naman?" He go near his wife and holds her waist.

"Babe! Kanina ka pa nagising?" She asks and look at Richard then to Michael.

"Ngayon lang." Looks to their visitor who is holding a bouquet of blue roses. "Hi, brad? Mukhang may popormahan tayo ah?" Offer a handshake.

"Aah, ha? Eh, i-ibibigay ko lang kay Zulueta." He gave him a shameless smile and give the flowers to Dawn.

"Gomez. Mr. Che-- aw!" He receives a quick spunk in his stomach. "Mr. Macaraig." And smiles bitterly.

"Ay, oo nga pala. Kinasal ka nga pala." Before he continue Richard talks.

"Brad, kung hindi mo mamasamain eh may gagawin pa kami ni MISIS! Baka pwedeng? Alam mo na? You know it's sunday and this day supposed to be FAMILY DAY." His wife's eyes widened.

"Ahm, Mike. Naku sorry ha? Hindi ka naman kasi nagpasabi na darating ka. May lakad kasi kami ngayon eh kasama ang mga bata. Sorry talaga ha?" Dawn said apologetically and narrow her eyes to Richard when Mike bids goodbye.

"What?" He ask and look away. "Sakit ng ulo ko, lintek!" Lay down the sofa.

"Mabuti nga sa'yo! Lasenggo!" She said aloud.

"Paano nga pala ako nakauwe?" He ask curiously

"Bah! Malay ko sa'yo bigla ka nalang kumatok ng kumatok dyan." She answers and watch tv.

"Sungit naman nitong taong 'to!" He make her hear what he says and close his eyes.

"Ano kamo?!" She shot him a death glare.

"Wala, sabi ko ang ganda mo!" He said and she tries not to smile and focused on tv.

"Wag mong ipitin ang ngiti mo!" He teased, still eyes closed.

"Hindi ako ngumingiti!" She laid too and make him her pillow.

***

A late and short update guys!

Vote and comment.