One Last Breath

I take the pills and swallow with water, soon this will all be over. The pain, the suffering, the heartbreak. Ezra is already beginning to cry and I rest my head in his lap looking up to him for the last time I will ever be able to. I am beginning to become more scared as each second passes.
"I thought this is what I wanted Ezra, I'm scared now." I whisper as my voice breaks slightly and he shakes his hand, his fingers soothingly running through my hair.
"I'm here, you're safe." The man says trying to hold back his tears and I grab onto his shirt, my hand shaking completely. I hold on to balance myself yet I keep holding on so I know he is beside me. Time is passing quickly and we are nearing the end, I have no time left and I am wishing more than anything that I had.
"I don't want to leave you here Ezra." My hands reach for his face, holding onto his chin and I turn to sit up slightly but he makes me lie back down.
"And I don't want to be left here alone."
From today onwards the future will have me taken out of it, my fate was not this it couldn't have been could it? This was not the path I was made for.
I am slowing down.
I need to see him properly, so he kneels beside me holding onto my hand so tightly that it feels like it could break but that's what I want. My limbs begin to loosen, my heart begins to slow and I cannot find the words I need to say, they turn into slurs.
"Just look at me Aria, do nothing else. Just try and focus on me."
And I do, I put every focus I possibly can on him and everything he means to me. I try to take my mind off everything else that has ever bothered me but just to think about him.
He kisses me. I try my best to kiss back, like it is the last possible thing I can possibly do. That is probably because it is.
"I am glad the last thing I have lay my eyes on is you." I choke out, my eyelids fluttering and as Ezra pulls back I let go. My eyes close.
I fall into a sleep, yet I feel awake. I feel Ezra placing kisses over my face telling me of how he loves me and how this is so unfair. I hear his cries.

And then I take one last breath and -