Piper

The sorting ceremony was over and they got 30 out of 100 of the new first years.

Two of them sat across from Piper and were talking to an older slytherin whom she had never seen before.

Piper was good ar studying people to find out what their strengths and weaknesses are, their personality, she knew exactly how to manipulate people after ome day of knowing them.

But she was having a hard time with figuring out the older slytherin in front of her.

She kept staring at him for all of dinner. He would look up at her then turn away like nothing happened.

She kept her eye on him all night. She had to do something to get her mind off of not having a friend.

When everyone went to the slytherin dorm she sat in the common room and watched him as he read book by the fireplace.

He looked up at her again and aaw that she was still staring.

"You mind telling me your name?" He said.

"Uh um i-it's Piper, yeah, just Piper," she lied.

"Well, Piper, would you also mind telling me why you were staring at me all evening?" He said.

"I was not," she said quickly.

"I believe you were dear," he responded smoothly.

"Do not call me dear," she snapped.

"Ooh, a fiesty one. I know you weren't staring at me like you liked me, it wasn't that look, it was more of a 'I-need-to-know-if-your-a-friend-or-foe kind of look. Am I not mistaken?" He grinned.

Piper was speechless.

"I belive I am correct, you may be able to read people, but I can do it better," he said.

He was about to leave the room when he turned around and said, "by the way I don't believe I told you my name have I?"

"No you haven't" she said.

"It's Luke, Luke Castellen, I believe we shall be good friends in the near future," he smiled.