[ 13 : Bonfire ]

She heard a firm knocking at her door.
She opened it and gasped.
He stood outside, a sorrowful smile on his face and a bouquet of her favorite flowers in his hand.
"They let me out." He slightly chuckled.
"Y-You..." She was breathless, she thought he hated her.
He grabbed her and pulled her into a hug, "I don't hate you, I never will."
He brushed her golden blonde hair out of her face.
"What have you been doing without me, beautiful?"
[ ... ]
The group set up a bonfire on the beach, they all roasted marshmallows and told stories.
"I don't know what I'd do without Arthur in my life." Alfred's fingers intertwined with the Brit's.
He laughed, "With him around, my life can't get any better."
Lovino sighed, Antonio kissed the side of his head.
"Any other stories you'd like to tell us?" Elizabeta asked.
"No, let's have everyone else share, shall we?"
Everyone looked at each other uneasily.
"How did you and Toni exactly meet?" Gilbert asked.
"You never really told me." He stuffed another s'more in his mouth.
"Um, we kept bumping into each other in the hallway."
Antonio ruffled Lovino's hair.
"I couldn't stop thinking about him after that." He smiled.
"Oh! I almost forgot!" The Spaniard pulled out the same acoustic guitar that Lovino was singing with the day before.
All the color from the Italian's face drained.
"Ahaha...you don't really have to bring that up again, Antonio..." He blushed and fake coughed.
"Gimme that gimme that!" Gilbert snatched the guitar out of Antonio's hands.
He tuned the guitar, the demon strummed it randomly until he got a melody.
Gilbert sang, "Downtown we let it go
Sunset high and our bodies low
Blood rush in the hazy glow
My hands, your bones
Loose up we break the scene
One step deep as you fall to me
Heart clap, we skip a beat
Count one two three."
He clapped and smirked at Roderich, who looked away and held his breath.
Everyone laughed, the Austrian was red and looked like he was going to explode due to either embarrassment or laughter.
Lovino grabbed the guitar, "Give me that shit back."
Antonio smiled, he yawned and rested his head on Lovino's thigh.
Everyone else chatted, the Italian felt the gravity disappearing under his feet and floating to the sky where he couldn't worry anymore. His eyelids felt heavy, Antonio's brown locks were soft in between Lovino's fingers.
"Lovi..." The Spaniard's voice was soft and tired.
"Yeah?"
He smiled, "Do you know how lovely you are? Your daintiness and admirable personality? From your beautiful mind and stunning dark eyes to your wonderful singing voice and sarcastic tone you talk to me with. Every single thing about you makes me smile, your flaws never mattered and your imperfections are nothing less than perfect."
Lovino's cheeks burned bright red, his heart was in his throat, tears stung his eyes.
He looked down at Antonio, the fire giving his brown hair a golden hue. The Spaniard's green eyes sparkled and shined, he simply smiled.
"Do you think I'm lying?"
"Of course not."
[ ... ]
"You're such a dumbass, I can't believe you talked me into this." Lovino rolled his eyes.
He and Antonio were going to do deadly stunts off of a cliff.
"Oh come on! It's going to be fun!"
Lovino looked off the cliff, he gulped heavily at how far down it was.
He backed up into Antonio's arms, "It's going to be fine. We'll have fun!"
The Spaniard held onto the Italian's hands, he smiled.
"Three...two..."
"ONE!"
Lovino's eyes widened.
"Wait-" he dug his heels into the ground, but not enough to stop Antonio.
They both came down head first.
"I CANT FLY!" He screamed.
The Spaniard turned white and speechless.
"YES, I WAS ABLE TO FLY OVER TO THE SCHOOL BUT I HAD PROTECTION FROM YOU AND GILBERT! I WAS READY TO DROP TO THE GROUND IN PAIN!"
"THE ACCIDENT MESSED UP THE BONES IN MY WINGS AND NOW I CANT FLOAT TO THE GROUND OR DO ANYTHING STUNTY LIKE THAT!" Lovino confessed.
"Please Antonio, I don't want to die." His words echoed in Antonio's head, he grabbed Lovino and floated to the ground.
The Italian expected him to be furious that he lied and hid everything. He expected Antonio to yell and scream at him, to leave him alone and not come back.
"Why didn't you tell me?" He brushed Lovino's hair out of his horrified face.
"I didn't want you to leave me, I thought that you wouldn't want to be with an angel that can't fly anymore."
Antonio smiled, "What did I tell you yesterday night?"
"Pardon?"
"What did I tell you yesterday night?" He said softly.
"That, uh..."
"I told you that your flaws never mattered, I told you that all your imperfections were nothing less than perfect." Lovino silently cursed at himself for being so stupid and forgetful.
"I don't care who you are, you could be a mortal or a demon for all I care! Lovino, you don't have to hide anything about yourself. I'll keep loving you no matter what."
Antonio pulled him into a hug, he kissed Lovino's forehead.
Lovino grabbed Antonio's collar, he pulled him down and kissed him.
The Spaniard chuckled, he walked the Italian home.
They both talked when it got too silent, Antonio tried some stupid pick-up lines on Lovino.
"Hey,"
"What?"
"Are you my homework because I'd slam you on a desk and do you all night." He winked.
Lovino punched him in the arm,
"You fucking perv!"
They both laughed.
[ ... ]
The two went over to Lovino's house, no one was home yet.
They were all alone, Antonio turned on the radio and Sea Of Love came on.
"This is the-"
"Don't."
The Spaniard suddenly grabbed the Italian's arm, he positioned his hand on his hip and entangled his free hand with his.
They both moved slowly, Antonio wrapped his arm around Lovino's waist. He hummed along with the tune of the song and twirled the Italian, he wrapped both his arms around the Spaniard's neck.
Lovino's grandpa opened the door with Feliciano behind him.
"You should pack tonight so you-"
He stared at the scene going on.
"Ha ha ha...hi Mr. Roma..." Antonio laughed awkwardly.
Feliciano snickered for a second, he dissolved into a laughing fit.
"Shut up or I'll break your neck."  Lovino growled.
"Get out of my house." Roma demanded.
"What?"
He shot daggers at Antonio, "You heard me. Get out."
Lovino glared at his grandfather, "The Spaniard is staying here."
"Lovi-"
"Don't even think about talking me into getting him out. He's staying here." the Italian snapped.
Lovino grabbed Antonio's hand, he gripped it tightly.
"He's leaving." Roma's glare turned cold.
"Over my dead body." Lovino spat.
Feliciano's smile faded, "You don't have to-"
"I said shut it, Feliciano!" he snarled.
The two got into a heated argument that I, the fucking author of the story, don't want to repeat.
Antonio and Feli sat on the roof.
The cold, night breeze was calming.
"Random question, what is the first thing you think of Lovino when you hear his name?" the Spaniard asked.
"Expresso." the Italian didn't think twice.
"What?"
"Lovino reminds me of expresso." Feliciano smiled.
"Small and bitter." he giggled.
His brother opened the hatchet that lead to the roof, he muttered some shit under his breath and sat next to Antonio.
"I need to get packing." Feli went inside.
Antonio smiled down at Lovino, "Did it go well?" he asked.
Lovino burst into silent tears, Antonio frowned.
"I guess not..." he sighed.
The Spaniard smiled again, "It's okay. As long as you're here, I'll be okay."
He slightly chuckled, "Bet that's the same for you. Is it?"
"Shut up, will you?" the Italian grumbled.
Lovino unfolded his wings and covered himself. Antonio ruffled his feathers, he laughed and kept on talking.
"Why are you talking to me?" Lovino growled.
"Cause I know you're listening, just because you aren't responding doesn't mean you aren't paying attention."
"I know you, Lovino. You wouldn't ignore me." The Spaniard lined his finger against the edge of the soft feathers.
"You don't know anything about me." The Italian hissed.
"Of course I do, Lovino Vargas. You act bitter and rude in front of other people but you're actually really sweet and loving. Your own brother doesn't even see that side, I love you because you bring down your thick walls when I'm around. You act like you don't care but you actually care a lot, and that's because anger can only happen when you care."
Antonio looked at Lovino.
"You're such a stupidly kind bastard." The Italian said, smiling.
The Spaniard's lips curled into a huge grin. He pulled Lovino into a hug.

Hi. I officially love Kenma from Haikyuu, he's so goddamm adorable and precious.
Also the song that Gilbert was singing is Lose It by Oh Wonder. I love Oh Wonder, they're such a chill band and listening to them calms me down. Looking at pictures of Shizaya fluff also calms me down tbh. You'd understand the thing Roderich and Gilbert have for that song in my other book that is connected to this one, Damned Demons.
-Ami-Chan