I Can't Handle This

"Yes?" I manage to croak. My throat is dry. I blink a few times to fix my vision. There's a man about 5'11'' wearing a black pea coat and a black fedora. He has on black leather gloves. He looked like a stereotypical mobster. The fedora shadowed his face into darkness, the only thing that seemed to have color was his ice, blistering blue eyes. They look like they've killed many men and they're not afraid to kill more. They're almost lifeless.  He kept looking over his shoulder numerous times before answering my question.

"Let me in." His voice was raspy, and course. He plows through me and I almost fall, because of such brute strength this man has. He takes Flynn by the arm and leads him to my parents room. They had already been in the room before I could even blink. I hear a latch followed by whispers. I walk over to the door and stick my ear to it. I try to listen but they're too quiet and the door is muffling the faint sound. 

"Are you serious! She's not ready yet! I'm not ready yet." That man must have seriously made Flynn mad in order to make him scream. The only time I've ever heard him scream is when his dad came back from jail. We were hanging out in his room when his dad came home. Dylan stumbled in late that night drunk. He knocked everything over that was in his wake. Flynn had told me to stay in his room while he dealt with him. He left the door open and I could hear things crashing then silence. That's when for the first time in my life I had ever heard Flynn scream and cuss. He said "You just got out of jail and you're already drunk again!? What the fuck dad? I was put in homes because of you! I had to run away so I could protect Ira, like I'm supposed to!" I never knew what that meant till now. "Get the hell out of this house and don't come back till you're ready to be a father!" Then his father tried to yell but he kept stumbling over his drunken words. There was more braking, a slamming of a door, then nothing. I ran out to see if Flynn was okay, but there was broken glass and wood everywhere. I peaked around the corner and saw Flynn sitting against the wall with his legs tucked into his chest. He had something in his hands, a picture frame. "It's okay to come out now. He's gone." I slowly came out and watched my step. I found a spot next to him and sit. He was holding a picture of his parents when they were happy and when one was alive. We both looked at the picture for a while, then I saw blood drip from his right hand. That was the first time and I was hoping the last, but I guess not. Footsteps grew closer. I ran back into the living room. The door swings open and Flynn emerges while holding the back of the stranger's neck. 

"Tell her! Now! Tell her who you are and why you're here!" His face was red. He was breathing heavy. He throws the man on the floor at my feet.

"Ira. It's me. Your dad." I slowly get down to his level. I remove his hat and reveal my father's scarred up face. I touch me hand on his face. I look down to the ground. Then there's a sharp pain on the back of my left hand. Moisture falls from my face. I was crying and I didn't even know why. 

"Why are you here? Why now?" My voice cracks. I raise my wet face to meet his eyes. He's holding left cheek with a shocked and scared look on his face. I'm growing impatient. I want him to leave and never come back. "WHY! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?! HUH?! ARE YOU HERE TO TALK AVA AWAY FROM ME TOO?!" He breaks eye contact. He is. I can't hold it back anymore. I scream at the top of my lungs. Everything goes black and I feel my body hit the floor. I can't see a thing. Not again.