part two - xliii.

Tamaz and Lizaveta took Mat and Killian out to a fancy restaurant to congratulate them for their news. I stood against the pole on the porch as I watched the car drive away. Zakaria came out from the house, "Today is filled with lots of happiness." he said.

I forced a smiled and nodded but every time I looked at Zakaria I couldn't stop thinking of betraying him by kissing Ulric. It made me feel really terrible about it and I knew I had to tell him or it'll be a lie that'll go on and on.

He held his hand out, "Come on, I want to introduce you to someone."

I brought my hand up to my arm rubbing it, "I don't know, Zak. I've still jet lag and need some sleep." I said which wasn't a lie since I was tired.

He smiled, taking my hand in his, "Come on, you'll like it." he said. He pulled me close towards him, putting his arm around me as we walked away from the home towards the barn.

I looked up at him, "The horses, that's right. You said you'll always show them to me."

He nodded, "Yes, glad you remember." We came up to the stables and he opened the door. I heard the horses inside before walking in and there remain calm as we walked inside. Usually horses got scared of us easily back home. There was sixteen of them, all of them in different colors. They were tall and strong looking, looking fierce strong animals. He pulled me over to the all black one, taking my hand and held it out to the horse, "This is mine."

I smiled as I pet the top of his head, "Pegasus."

He remained calm as I pet him and I found it to be so amazing how calmed he seemed. I smiled up at Zakaria and he smiled back at me. I turned back to Pegasus and brought my other hand up, "Aren't you very handsome? Stronger than the pictures I seen of you." Pegasus huffed heavily and swayed his head under my hand. He brought his mouth up to my head and rubbed his head against mine making me giggle.

Zakaria petted Pegasus, "Ah, he likes you. See, he knows you are a friend."

"This is really cool to find touch one." I said, running my hand down his face. "Once when I was little, out of curiosity I went on a farm when I saw some when I was still in the wild. Oh man, that horses almost killed me with it's feet because it was scared. My uncle had to come save me and he attacked the horse to make it back away."

"Well our horses are taught from the day they were born we're family, not enemies." he said, petting his head. He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer towards him as he sighed heavily, "Is this not nice, Ellie? Everything peaceful and calm."

I nodded, "Yeah, everything so nice here. And the mountains, their crazy beautiful. It would be amazing to run around them."

"Well maybe one day it will be your home." he said, kissing the side of my hair but I frowned because of the guilt I felt. I had to tell him, before it gets anymore worse than it was. "Ellie, what is the matter?" he asked, noticing my expression. He was such a nice guy, I shouldn't hurt him. I know I didn't kiss Ulric but I would want him to tell me if someone kissed him.

I looked up at him, "Earlier a little after I came back. . ." I started but I looked away sighing heavily. I looked back at him and his eyebrow arched. "Ulric came to my room and he said some things."

His teeth bared as he growled a little, "Like what?"

I bit my lower lip, "Things. . ."

I shrugged and he growled, "Aeriela. . .what did the American wolf say? Why was he even in your room? Do American male Wolves have no respect?"

I crossed my arms over my chest, "Like how he wants me back and stuff." I said, finally spitting it out. I hesitated for a moment and Zakaria noticed I was hesitating so I just spit it out, "Then he kissed me." He stared at me for just two second before he breathed out heavily and turned running towards the entrance of the stables. My eyes widen and I hurried over towards him, grabbing his arm, "Wait, no. Zakaria, I didn't tell you so you could start a fight. I just felt guilty-"