Chapter 25

The armies were on opposite sides of the battlefield. No one moved or flinched. The White Witch was waiting to see what Peter had planned. She was suspicious of Peter because he wasn't charging first; therefore, she knew something was up. On the other hand, Peter was waiting for the White Witch to make the first move. He needed her to make the first move, in order for his plan to take action.

The White Witch eventually gave the signal to her army to attack. She pointed her sword to the sky and held it up in the air. Her army yelled with pride across the field, before they charged. The witch's army was coming closer and closer, making Peter's army frightened. Peter did nothing. He was waiting for the army to come closer. When the witch's army was close enough, Peter took his sword out of its holster and gave the signal.

Archers from the top of a cliff and archers down on the battlefield moved to the front, so they had a clear shot at the witch's army. They drew their arrows. They took their aim and fired their arrows. Arrows attacked the witch's army from the front and back. The archers kept firing arrows, repeatedly. The witch's army was losing thousands. She eventually pulled them back, away from the archery range.

Peter still did nothing. He didn't go and attack the witch's army, now that they were lower in numbers and had some wounded. He remained to wait. Caspian was a little confused. Why was Peter waiting? What did he have planned?

"Edmund go," Peter ordered.

Edmund nodded his head. He rode behind the army, going into the woods without the witch's knowledge. Or so they thought. On the other side of the battlefield, one of the witch's generals rode his horse into the forest. Caspian saw him ride into the forest. He knew that he saw Edmund. Caspian feared the worst for Edmund. He couldn't just wait with Peter and the rest of the army, while Edmund was carrying out the plan.

"Wait here," Caspian said to Susan

He rode after Edmund and the general who was determined to ambush Edmund.

***

Caspian caught up with Edmund. They were riding together, going around the battlefield, as they went through the forest.

"So what is the plan here?" Caspian asked.

"Getting the rest of the army," Edmund replied. 

Caspian still didn't know what that meant. So he just followed Edmund, while he kept an eye out for the general. Edmund and Caspian were completely on the opposite side of Peter and their army. They were by the edge of the forest, hiding behind the trees. They had a wonderful view of the witch's army.

Edmund turned to Caspian.

"You ready for this?" Edmund asked.

"Always," Caspian admitted.

Edmund smiled at Caspian and took his sword out, pointing it toward the witch's army. But before Edmund could give the signal, the witch's general shot an arrow at Edmund's sword. Making the sword drop to the ground. Caspian rode to the general with his sword in hand. Both swords came in contact with each other, creating a clink, clash sound. Caspian looked back at Edmund and yelled, "Now!"

Edmund hopped off his horse and grabbed his sword. He put it back in position and yelled, "For Narnia."

Just a few seconds after he yelled that, the trees came to life. More soldiers came running out of the forest, charging at the back of the witch's army.

On the other side of the battlefield, Peter gave his command and charged at the army. Caspian knew now that Peter wanted to attack them on two fronts. His attention was turned back to the general.