Chapter 2

Dan's POV

After seeing that boy on Monday I have practically been stalking him all week. Nothing could explain my interest in him.

I had still never gotten the courage to say anything or let alone let him see me. I would always hide if he looked in my direction and then mentally cursed at myself for being a coward.

If anyone knew what I was up to I would seem like a creepy stalker. I found out what his last class was and finally got the courage to say hi.

"Class will end in a few seconds. Make sure you have all your notes and have a great weekend." I looked up at the speaker on the ceiling impatiently waiting for the bell and I suddenly began to get nervous.

The bell rang and I quickly grabbed my bag but the teacher spoke up again. "Mr. Howell, may I have a word?" I groaned and turned away from the door to look at my teacher. "It seems you still haven't caught up on your work."

I looked back at the door then back at my teacher. "Sir, as much as I would love to stay I have to get going so..." I began to walk away chuckling but froze when he rose his voice. "Mr. Howell. This isn't an amusing matter. If you're act doesn't straighten up you could fail."

I looked back at Mr. Lockton to see an irritated look on his face. "If you continue this your future will certainly not involve university. Your parents will be informed of this and I will arrange a tutor to help you with math."

I rolled my eyes and glared at Mr. Lockton. "Is that all?" He looked at me sympathetically and crossed his arms. "It's a shame you don't care Dan. You could really have a great future. Yes, that's all."

I turned and once I was out the door ran towards the parking lot hoping he was there. I finally got the courage to say something and my idiot teacher had to ruin it. Just as I turned the corner beside the library, I saw a pale black haired boy walking in my direction.

He was struggling with a pile of books gathered in his arms. I became nervous and realized I hadn't planned what I was going to say. I didn't even know how to approach him.

He seems to be struggling so I guess I can to offer help him and then- *bam* I fell on my back and books fell across the empty hallway. I sat up and and my eyes instantly met blue eyes.

I quickly stood up and offered my hand. "S-sorry I wasn't looking." I hid my face in my fringe in embarrassment. Way to go Dan. He let out a laugh and took my hand. "It's fine, I wasn't looking either." I smiled at his laugh and pulled him up.

I looked at the ground and saw all his books sprawled across the floor. "Oh! Sorry I'll help." I kneeled and began to collect his books. Why am I like this? I'm usually the person to be confident but I'm just a nervous mess right now.

"Thanks" he smiled when I handed him his books but he instantly began to struggle again. "Erm here." I took half of the books and gave a small smile. "I'm Dan by the way." He looked at me curiously then smiled back.

"Phil." Finally. I didn't have to keep referring to him as blue eyes in my mind. "So Phil, where are we taking these?" I raised an eyebrow at him and he continued to smile at me. "My math teacher is quite fond of me and asked if I could take these books to the library for her.

I guess she knew any other student would look through them or do something to them." We began to walk towards the library and I couldn't help but look inside a book. "Woah wait! Phil are these answers for tests?"

He turned around and his eyes opened in shock. "Hey don't look! She said not to open them." He reached out an arm and closed the book I had in my hand. "Aww come on, don't you like to live a little?"

I gave him a playful expression and he rolled his eyes. "I'm not one to break the rules and by the way, your way of 'living a little' can get us expelled." I sighed and continued walking. I was a bit disappointed he wasn't interested in rebelling. "Did you say your math teacher asked you to take these?"

He looked at me curiously and took a moment to respond. "Yes....why?" A wide grin formed on my lips. "Oh nothing it's just that my math teacher just so happens to be an äss that I can't learn from. It looks like a lot of test answers are in each of these books...maybe one is for a Mr. Lockton?"

He stopped walking and looked at me in disbelief. "Even if there was one for Mr. Lockton I would never let you take it. Dan, if you get caught you'll be expelled. Your whole future would be ruined."

Oh great, he's a goody two-shoes. "Like I care? According to Mr. Lockton my future is already ruined! Not only that he's also trying to ruin the present by making me meet a stupid tutor!"

I rose my voice a little and instantly felt guilty by seeing how tense Phil had gotten. Wow Dan finally speak to the boy you've practically been stalking then yell at him. "Sorry I...didn't mean to raise my voice its just *sigh* sorry."

He looked down at his feet the began to walk towards the library. He reminded me of a little puppy that had just finished getting punished. I didn't know what to say. I didn't even know why he got so upset, it was stupid really.

This was the first time I had ever spoken to him but I acted as if we've been friends for years then yelled at him. Maybe he was just a bit freaked out. An awkward silence came over us and i would look over at him every once in while.

He had his head down and I couldn't see his face because his fringe was in the way. "Hello Phil, how have you been? Who's your friend?" He finally looked up and had a smile plastered on his face. "I'm fine Sophie, how are you? Oh and this is Dan."

I put my hand up and gave a quick smile. My mind still trying to figure out how someone could get that hurt over what I said. It had nothing to do with him really, why was he upset? Was it because I yelled? That would be a stupid reason to get upset over.

"You can place those right here darling." We put the books down and Phil counted them about a hundred times. "Phil, all the books are there you would have seen me take one."

I crossed my arms and he looked at me quickly then walked out. His eyes looked a bit red and I stopped in shock. Was he about to....cry? What? Is he seriously going to cry because I yelled?

I walked out behind him and pulled his shoulder so he would look at me. "Phil, are you about to cry? Is it because I yelled? Why are you-" he held his hand up and I stopped, staring at him in concern.

"It's not you it's just, my parents would always yell at each other and at me...when I was little. I just hadn't thought about it for a bit. Sometimes my father would get abusive. It's just really bad memories sorry for being a cry baby."

He was looking up at the ceiling instead of looking at me. "Was he ever abusive...to you?" He looked down at me quickly and shook his head frantically. "No! Never. Just my mother."

I looked at him curiously. Can someone's childhood be so bad that they would still get frightened and cry at 17 by something so simple as yelling? There was a lot more to this 'goody two-shoes' than I thought there would be.

Another awkward silence was surfacing and I couldn't think of what to say. "Did you say you're math teacher is making you get a tutor?" I guess I didn't have to say something.

"Yes, why?" He smiled at me again but a hint of sadness still stayed in his expression. "I'm great at math. I can tutor you...if you want?"

Hmm I felt like that chapter was a bit...strange. I needed to find a way to get Phil's past in there. So what did you think?? It was a bit weird that Phil would get that upset for a little matter. There must be something missing there. And finally Dan and Phil met! I have big plans for this. Anyway thanks for reading! I'll post another chapter tomorrow. BYE! :)