Chapter 3

Phil's POV

"Phil? Sweetie it's alright he won't hurt you. It's ok now it's all ok." She hugged me tight and I almost believed her. "Dammit woman where the fück are you!" I could hear footsteps getting closer and I shut might eyes tightly. I sobbed loudly and clung to my mother. "Mummy I'm scared!" The closet door was pulled open and my mother was ripped from my arms. "Mummy!" I got up to run out of the closet but the door slammed in my face. "Fücking cry baby." I fell back and hit my head. "Howard you're drunk! Please...ple-" *screams*

I sat up abruptly gasping for air. I was drenched in sweat along with my bed sheets. My breathing grew heavier and tears came running down my cheeks. "I'm so sorry mum. I shouldn't have been a cry baby."

I sobbed into a pillow until I couldn't cry anymore. I struggled to get back to sleep so I gave up. I grabbed my computer and scrolled through tumblr. I checked the clock on my phone, it was 5:47 a.m. .

I got up slowly and made my way to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and sighed sadly. My eyes were red and dark circles had formed under my eyes.

My shower was extra long because I mindlessly began to stand in the shower daydreaming. I quickly dried my hair a bit and straightened it. I put on a random shirt and pulled on my skinny jeans.

I knew I was running late so I tried to do everything quickly. I fumbled with my shoe laces and threw on my green hoodie.

I hauled my backpack over my shoulder and grabbed my phone. 7:53 a.m. "Oh great." I ran out the door and once I turned the street I hit something hard.

"Oh sor- Dan...oh hi." He pulled out an earphone and chuckled. "Phil, we have to stop meeting like this." I smiled at his laugh and raised an eyebrow.

"What are you listening too." He smiled and handed me the other earphone. "Here."

Whether near or far
I am always yours
Any change in time
We are young again

Lay us down
We're in love

In these coming years
Many things will change
But the way I feel
Will remain the same

Lay us down
We're in love

"Panic at the Disco?" I looked up at him and he looked at me curiously. "You listen to them." "Well yea, I'm not insane." We both laughed and kept walking.

We talked while we listened to the music and sometimes sang along which caused us to laugh hysterically. I totally forgot I was late.

Dan's POV

*Fast forward to the end of Dan's math class*

"Dan, may I have a word?" I dropped my backpack at my seat and walked slowly to Mr. Lockton. "Why ask? You're going to 'have a word' with me any way."

He narrowed his eyes at me and shook his head. "I found you a tutor Dan. His name is Greg, in fact, he is in your class." I crossed my arms and looked at Mr. Lockton.

" There's no need for Greg. I have a tutor already. So if that's all I'll be on my way. " I walked over and picked up my backpack. "Oh really Mr. Howell, who?"

I put my backpack on and walked back to Mr. Lockton. "His name's Phil." "Well, can you go get this Phil and bring him here. He needs to know what the assignments are. I also need to give him a schedule for the dates this tutoring will take place. It would have been easier if you just let me pick a tutor for you."