Chapter 6

Phil's POV

My stomach grumbled as I awaited the bell to ring signaling break has started. I knew I was going to regret skipping breakfast.

I've should've just eaten while I was waiting for Dan. I giggled to myself as I remembered his hobbit hair. It looked so cute.

It suited him very well, I don't know why he doesn't like it.

*RING RING RING*

I jumped up and left the class. I was walking to get lunch when I was suddenly was pulled back. I was greeted with a hug.

Evan was smiling but I could see the guilty look in his expression. "Hungry?" He put his hand out waiting for me to hold it. I could tell he was trying to be careful around me now.

I smiled reassuringly at him and held his hand. "Very." He smiled softly at me and walked in silence to grab our lunch. "Erm...Phil? I didn't want to bring this up but um. Im really sorry about yesterday.

I was an insensitive jerk and I feel so ashamed." He looked sad again and I couldn't bear it. He didn't need to be going through this guilt if I was actually okay.

" Evan I already told you that it's fine. You don't need to feel guilty." I leaned in to kiss him but he pushed me away lightly.

"No it's not Phil! You can't just say it's ok after I yell at you, I really shouldn't have and I hate myself for it! Great I did it again. I'm apologizing and I yelled at you agin..."

We sat in silence and I ignored some of the people that started looking our way. "Really , Evan it's all right. I'm fine, I understand...just stop being like this."

He didn't look at me and we just stood in silence for a bit. He stared behind me and I could see an angry expression take over his face.

He walked away from me and when I turned around I saw him bump Dan's shoulder as he left. Dan looked confused and stared at me questionably. "Trouble in wonderland?"

He leaned against a table and picked up an apple. "Erm...sort of." He looked down at the apple and began flipping it. "Is it about......me?"

He raised an eyebrow and I quickly shook my head. "He just feels bad about yelling yesterday and won't let me accept his apology.

I tried but he would get angrier. I have no idea how to handle it if he just storms off like a child every time something happens. I could feel anger bottling up inside.

Why is Evan being so immature. "Maybe he is just mad at himself for hurting you. I know I would be mad at myself." I thought for a bit. Smiling at Dan.

"But, would you really get that mad? I mean, it's not such a big deal." Dan looked up for a bit before looking back at me.

"Maybe that's why, maybe because you're acting like it's not a big deal. It could be a lot more than him just yelling at you.

Maybe he feels like you just let things go to quickly before you can talk things out. Is there anything else you guys are having problems with?" What else can he be mad about?

He hasn't done anything else? Is it about...Dan? Maybe he thinks he let being jealous by Dan go to fast and the fact that I let it go too makes it suspicious. Was this really about Dan?