Chapter 13

Hey guys I'd just like to say sorry before this chapter for how late it is. Honestly I haven't been motivated to really write for a couple of days and then I just went through a lot and didn't get around to it. So for anyone who's reading as I'm still publishing I'm sorry for how late this this and thank you for reading <3

Dan's POV

I tapped my foot nervously on the floor as I sat in the hospital. It had been a long time and I still hadn't heard anything about Phil.

Of course I was still mad at him for everything but now that I realized how much I need him I can't find it in me to be angry anymore. I want to be angry....I really do. It would make it easier to go back to Ash if I hated him but I don't.

"Anyone here for a Phil Lester." My head shot up, his name pulling me out of my thoughts. "Is he okay? What's wrong with him?" The doctor smiled at me softly patted my shoulder.

"It's fine he just has a minor concussion and quite a few injuries. May I ask what occurred?" I gulped hard at the question. I want to tell him and the police what's been going on but I couldn't do that to Phil.

"H-he was attacked. I don't know by w-ho but they were v-very strong." He looked at me suspiciously and nodded. " I see you know this from being there?" He motioned towards the cuts and bruises on my face. I nodded slowly and he smiled a bit.

"If you want to visit Mr. Lester you can. He's conscious at the moment. Just don't push him to talk about the event, he may be a bit shaken. He may have strong feelings towards it that can affect his recovery."

Of course he will have a strong feeling about the event. Sometimes I worry that boy feels to much.

I walked fast towards Phil's room and smiled at the sight of him laying in the hospital bed deep in thought.

"Knock knock." He suddenly jumped and smiled after seeing it was me. He had such an adorable smile. Dan remember, ASH!

"Are you okay Phil? I'm so sorry I should've watched you more!" I rushed over to him but seeing the frightened expression on his face caused me to stop.

"It's fine Dan....it's not your responsibility to take care of me." "Phil I know that but I-" suddenly arms wrapped around my waist and I turned to see hazel eyes staring back into mine.

"Dannyyy I heard and got here right away! Is he okay?" She removed one hand from my waste and stood beside me.

"Um yea..." I noticed the way Phil was looking at Ash and knew that something was wrong. He probably didn't want her in here. "Urm Ash could you give us a second.."

She looked at me smiling with her head tilted sideways. "Ok...1... Oh look at that a second is up." She giggled and kissed my cheek.

Phil looked at me in a strange way but there was slight fear in his eyes for some reason. "No seriously Ash I need to talk with Phil.

She looked at me questioningly with her eyebrows brought together. "Babe what's with the distance. You're never like this." She turned my face towards her but I backed up a bit.

"I-i just need to talk to Phil....alone." There was a weird look in her eyes and she puffed out air angrily. "Fine i'll just sit around and wait until you want me right? But when I want to be with you I can't right?!"

"Ash are you really doing this right now." She always does this and she makes me feel guilty so that I'll do what she wants. Why do I keep falling into this trap.

"Yes we do have to do this right now because we sweep everything under the rug!" "Ash what are you even saying?!" "I'm saying that every time you do something that bothers me I just sweep it under the rug and I don't confront the problem." "So it's my fault that you do that?"

Suddenly a nurse barged in. "What's wrong...are you okay Mr. Lester?" I turned to see Phil holding the emergency call button.

With tears in his eyes he answered with a shaky voice. "I-I just need to r-rest...can you a-ask them to l-leave."

"Of course, excuse me but our patient needs to rest." The nurse smiled at us kindly as she ushered is out of the room. "Phil..."

The nurse led us out of the room and told us to come back tomorrow. I turned around to see Ash smiling right before she changed it into a worried expression.

"Did he kick us out? Maybe he just doesn't want to be with you." Anger was boiling inside of me letting the familiar feeling of this sink in.

The way she tries to control me. How she is obviously happy about something bad that happens to me but changed her expression. I've been here before and I know that she's using me again.

"Don't act so clueless Ash." I began to walk away but she pulled me back. "What's going on? Ever since you've been talking to Phil you've been acting all distant."

"Don't fucking act like the victim Ash. We both know what you're doing and I can't believe I didn't notice until now. I can't believe I fell back into your trap. Ash we're done."

"Dan! What the hell do you think your doing! You can't leave me." I ignored her yells as I walked out of the hospital. I'm so freaking done with this right now I just need to get away.

Aaaaaand that's all for this chapter. Thank you so much for whoever is actually reading my crappy writing. I love you so much and thank you for waiting so long for a really short and bad chapter I'm so sorry. I will try to write longer for the next chapter.