Chapter 12

Phil's POV

I rose suddenly at the sound of my window being hit lightly. I looked around my room but everything looked normal.

I jumped as another light hit banged my window. "Phil!" I heard a faint yell from outside and walked up to it. I didn't want Howard to wake up that would only cause trouble.

I looked down with wide eyes at the brown haired boy standing outside my window. "Dan?!" He smiled his adorable smile at me and I quickly ran down the stairs.

I pulled the door open not caring about Howard at the moment and sprinted towards Dan. Without a second thought I jumped on Dan and wrapped my legs around him.

He yelped in surprise and we both fell into the snow. I watched his face turn to a bright shade of pink and felt a blush creep onto my cheeks.

As I stared into the beautiful eyes of the person beneath me something didn't seem right. This is a dream isn't it.

As if on cue Dan's smile turned into a disgusted frown and I was suddenly pushed back with force. I continued to fall down a dark hole as the last setting peeled away. Suddenly my living room came into view and my back hit the ground hard.

"Phil!" I was laying on a cold hard floor. A sudden pain reached my back and I screamed. I looked up and saw Howard hovering over me with an evil grin.

"P-please." My voice was hoarse and I felt blood trickle down the side of my mouth. He laughed wildly at my begs and kicked my side.

I groaned in pain and held my side as his laugh echoed through my mind. "You faggot. Do you want to end up like your mother!" A sob escaped my lips and suddenly a hand slammed across my cheek.

(End of dream)

I winced in pain and sat up abruptly. My cheek was still stinging and I looked up at Howard in disbelief.

"Your stupid ass hissy fit woke me up. Get your ass up I don't want your school to send us to court. You'll be in even more problems."

I gulped in fear and scrambled to my feet still shaken from my dream. I heard laughter and voices from downstairs and noticed the red in Howard's eyes. Of course.

"Hurry the fuck up." I looked up just when a fist connected with my cheek. I was already feeling weak before so the impact sent me flying to the floor.

"You're so fucking weak... Just like your pussy of a mother." I gritted my teeth and felt anger boiling inside of me. "Don't you fucking bring my mother into this you bloody murderer!"

My fist connected with his jaw and he stumbled back in surprise. The look he gave me was indescribable. It held so much hate and anger that no words could explain it.

I was pushed back onto the ground and kicked repeatedly on my stomach. "Shut your fucking mouth up. She fell! Don't start with your bitching around company."

I held my sides unable to stop the pain. He walked out of my room and slammed the door causing me to wince.

I slowly got up but didn't succeed in stopping the pain. Moving hurt and I felt tears falling down my cheeks. I just wanted to leave...I just wanted to die.

Getting ready was painful and it took me to long. I tried to call Evan to help me get to school but I knew he wouldn't be there today. I slowly walked down the stairs avoiding the loud voices coming from my living room and the strong smell of alcohol and drugs.