~7~

CHAPTER 7: Shakopee

I stared out the window once we passed the sign, Mikey looked worried about me. Like I was in pain or scared about something. I didn't like it when he worried about me honestly. "June you okay?"

"Mikey I'm fine," I gave him a faint smile, "I'm just tired, don't worry about me." I could tell he was still worried about me.

"I'm still worried about you. I mean, we're going to go by your old house soon."

"Oh" I fell silence and looked down.

"I'm sorry... it's the fastest way to get to my house, I feel bad for driving past here."

"Mikey it's alright, I know you can't help it."

He looked at me and held my hand again, I looked at him. He stopped the car and parked it. "I'm not going anywhere until you tell me you're okay."

"Michael I'm fine, just drive.. please."

I started feeling a bit sick when we stopped. He started the car back up and drove by the house, the house looks trashed on the outside. It got worse then what I remembered. Soon enough we were long gone away from the house and to his. It was a small house, but not to small. It looks like only two people would be able to live in it. "Wow your house seems small."

"Yeah I hope you don't mind. It just I had to move out of my dad's, my mother passed away about a month after you left. When that happened my dad went nuts with depression. He started to beat me because I looked like my mom every time he looked at me. I knew he beat my mom but not as bad as I thought." I choked on my words not knowing what to say to him. His mom was so sweet, she was like a mother to me. She took me under her wing for a month before I started to fly around. She was the best mother a person could ask for. "I'm so sorry Michael... I didn't know honestly."

"No June, don't be sorry. You didn't know until now anyways."

"Well I feel bad for bring her up when you lost her."

He went quiet and it got cold fast, for he shut the car off. I didn't realize it till I started to shiver a bit. He sighed and opened his car door to get out. "I'll get your bags okay?"

"No they're mine anyways, I should take care of them. Okay?"

He nodded and looked through his keys to find the one to the front door. I walked to the trunk and grabbed my bags, by the time I grabbed my duffle bag I was shivering violently. I forgot how bad the winters were at night and how I was so underly dressed. I was wearing a thin shirt, heavy jeans, and combat boots. I was still shivering at the top of my body.

I slowly started to walk with the bags and dropped my duffle from shivering. Mikey saw and went to grab the duffel bag. He saw how badly I was shivering, and brought me inside. He felt how cold I was, and wrapped a blanket around us. He hugged me into him to warm up a bit. I was defiantly warming up in my cheek, I know I was blushing. "June?"

I looked at him, "Yes Mikey..?"

"Do you just wanna move in with me? I know you hate your mother still, and I don't want to see you in this kind of pain. You don't deserve it after all the hard work you put into your job."

He was serious, you could hear it in the tone of his voice. "I'd love to but all of my stuff is at her place locked up. Could you come with me to get some things?"

"Of course, I'll ask Calum if I could borrow his truck just in case you have anything heavy to take and it won't fit in my car."

I nodded my head being tired, he saw and smiled soft. Then being the sweet boy he was he picked me up and carried me to his room. I guess sleeping in the same bed doesn't bother him whatsoever. He laid me down him laying next to me. "Hope you don't mind sleeping in the same bed as me.."