~10~

CHAPTER 10: Promise's

After looking at the text, I showed Nicole for her to give me her opinion. "I'm not sure hun... I mean he has his moments but the man should be trustable. I mean I'd understand how you would be mad because he grabbed you and all, but I think you need to forgive him."

"He was yelling at me for a stupid thing. A promise I made him, well two but one hurt him more than the other."

"And that would be?"

"That you guys had forgotten about me. That's why I never had contact with you guys, and I apparently promised Mikey that I would never forget him or you or the guys."

"Ouch"

I could tell Nicole didn't like the answer either. She looked down but then smiled fast, "Well you're home and that's all that matters."

"Yeah, I really did miss you guys, that's not a lie."

"We missed you too, a lot. To be honest I think we were scared to try and talk to you because if how busy you were."

"Hug?"

She hugged me as soon as I said hug. I'm happy she stayed my friend through all these years. "Alright enough sob fest, let's go and shop till we drop."

We both laughed, I'm glad I'm getting sometime away from Mikey. Just nice to get out and do things with friends. Then again I did just get home yesterday, so I haven't had much time to talk to people.

It was around nine now, we've been kicked out of the mall again. I guess Nicole wasn't completely done shopping. "Oh I love the scarves I bought today... Do you think Luke will like me in them?"

"Yeah he'll love it, I'm sure of it."

I dozed off and placed my bags down on the floor of her room. I looked around, not much has changed, still old dresser with mirror but a lot more pictures. A couple pictures of when we were young. It was funny to see how awkward we looked so long ago, it's like a time machine sometimes. A picture can be that powerful, then others can be a sad memory. Like the one next to the old picture, it was the boys first garage band performance. It was funny to see them so awkward as well but Michael. Michael hasn't changed a bit from this picture, other than his overly attached ex-girlfriend. She was a real jerk ... She cheated on him many times, I lost count and when they finally broke up I was happy but then I left soon after. "Hey got some ice cream while you zoned out."

"Chocolate cherry?"

"What else would I get the famous June."

"You remember me so well Nicole."

"I wanna see an outfit that you bought, please ?"

"I was planning to get something together anyways."

Her and I giggled, like the old days. I started to put an outfit together, it was a simple crop top with a pair of skinny jeans along with a beanie and combat boots. I walked out to show Nicole and she awwd at me. Then she brought her phone up to take a picture, I did what was natural and smiled. "That one is going on my Instagram."

"If you say so Nicole."

I smiled and walked away from her to get dressed. I noticed my phone stop glowing, did I get a text? I looked down and it was from Michael.

"I'm sorry, if you want to stay at my place still then there's a key under the mat.. If not tell me where to drop your stuff off."~Michael

I felt bad for the guy, I really did. I also didn't want to leave him whatsoever. He was my friend that I wanted to keep near to me for the rest of my life. "Hey Nicole..?"

"Sup June.. What do you need?"

"A ride to Michael's place."

"You sure.?"

"Yeah, I think I should stay just to make sure nothing bad happened to him.."

"Fair enough, just promise me you won't lose contact of me?"

"How can I silly you're my partner in crime."

She smiled widely and grabbed her keys, as we walked out to her little car, it started to snow again. I like it when it snows. It's a nice feeling to have when you feel the wet coldness of snow. I don't know why either, just nice.

A nice little car ride later, I found myself at Michael's front door. As Nicole drove off I picked the mat up and sure there was, a key just as he said. But still no Michael in sight. I walked in to see that the power was off in the house. That's great, a cold house for a horrible night. I placed my things in a corner and grabbed a blanket from the bed along with a pillow. I plopped down on the cold couch and slowly drifted asleep. I didn't care, I've had a rough two days, flying in from Japan to fight with my mom to getting in a fight with Michael to spending nearly all of my money. I guess I can't complain there are people who have it worse in the world.

CHAPTER 10.5

Michael:

I came home hammered, Ashton had to drive me home. I felt bad for shaking June like that, I shouldn't have done that at all.

I left everything at his place, my keys, phone, wallet everything. So I had to get the key from under the mat, but when I lifted it up I saw the key was gone.. Did June come home..? I tried the doorknob and it was unlocked. She forgot to lock the door..? Weird..

Just as I started to walk in there I noticed the power was out... It was cold in the house, " I hope she found the ext-"

She was on the couch sound asleep, curled up in a little ball with the lightest sheet on the bed. "June,Why?"

I picked her up from the couch, she was freezing when I felt her skin. I carried her to our room where it was slightly warmer than out in the small living room.

Just as I started to lay her down she made a small groan and said sorry.. Why is she sorry, because I shook her after she had a rough day or two? I don't deserve a girl like her at all.

I moved the heavy blankets around her feeling sorry for what I did. I decided that sleeping on the couch was a better idea for me to do.

I took the small blanket that she had and went to the couch. I guess I should get use to this...