Growing life

I stand in the kitchen making sure that the ham is cooking how it's supposed to.

"Honey that's not how it works." Abbie says sitting at the bar stools a crossed from me.

I smile and look up, she smiles at me with her twinkling blue eyes glued to me.

"I love you." I whisper out loud and it reminds me how empty the house as been sense Maddie and Jacob got married.

It's been three years.

They are so incredibly happy it's insane to think they were ever apart. The door bell rings and I walk down the small hall, multiple pictures of Abbie pregnant, our first year of dating and our wedding pictures line the walls as if it's a tunnel of memories.

"Merry Christmas!!" Maddie and Jacob shout as soon as the door is open and I see them.

"Well look who decided to show up." I tease and put my hands on my hips.

Maddie rolls her eyes and I pull her into a hug.

"I missed you daddy." She mumbles into my chest as I run my fingers through her hair and move to the side so Jacob can come in.

"I missed you to sweetheart."

"We brought some bubbly and cheese." Jacob says walking into the kitchen.

"Ooo, my favorite." I joke and we all laugh.

As the hours tick by, I watch as Maddie bikers with Jacob about silly things like colors and I'm lost in thought of how much I've truly missed both of them. Jacob is the best man for my maddster, they are just like Abbie and I.

---------

"Jason, did you leave the toilet seat up again?" Abbie marches into the kitchen and I stop my cup of orange juice midway to my mouth, turning slowly to look at her. I take a long slow sip as she stares me down.

"You did it on purpose didn't you?!" She fakes her shock and points a finger at me.

I can't stop the smile that growls around the edge of my cup and she playfully glares at me.

"Your so dead mister." She slowly starts to move forward, but I dodge her and run into the living room.

She runs after me and we start a major pillow fight. By the end we were both on the floor exhausted and out of breath.Abbie rolled over on top of me and laid there as I put a hand on her lower back, the other running through her dark brown curls.

"Jason."

"Yes my dear?"

She sits up and straddles my hips, her hands flat on my chest as my hands go to her hips.

"We will always be like this right?" Her eyes are moist and I run my hands up her sides.

"Baby. There is no other way we could be." I run my knuckles a cross her cheek and she closes her eyes.

"Promise?" She opens her eyes slowly......and just like that I fall in love with her all over again.

The way she says my name. The way she is so scared of losing me.The way we can still act like little kids, yet be grown and married."I promise you a thousands times my love that we will always be like this, right here, we will be the two that will never separate."

She nods slowly. "You really think so?"

I sit up and kiss her passionately, "Abbie I love you. This will never change, few people in the world get a love like ours. We have a story that people only get in fairytales and movies." I hold her close to me as she rests her head on my shoulder. As I start thinking of how happy she makes me and how I get to be this incredibly happy for so many years to come.