Prom date

~~~~Maddie's outfit for homecoming~~~~

Maddie's POV

I stare at myself in the mirror at my self; wondering if mom would like my dress. When dad and me were at the store to buy it a week ago. I had the hardest time trying to pick because I wanted to know which one mom would like. In the end, it turned out to be a light purple short dress with a sheer neckline with little pearls on the edge. It flares out from my hips and its tight on my waist. Small little silk ribbon petals cover my bust and trickle down my waist to a flower. The silver, glittery heels pull my outfit together perfectly and it makes my light make up stand out more. My dark hair falling down my back in curls and pieces being held back in a braid.

My phone beeps on my bed and in walk over to read the text from Jacob.

Hey :) I just pulled up. Race you to the door.

I laugh a little and text back.

You'll lose :P

I grab my clutch and put my phone inside as I walk down the stairs. My dad takes a few pictures and than the door bell rings. As I open it; Jacob stands up straighter, a handsome smile on his face. But something seems off.

"Dad, um...meet Jacob." I say standing in front of him by him in the door way.

"It's nice to meet you sir." Jacob says holding out his hand, it's shaking slightly. But my dad shakes it.

"Don't make my little girl cry." My dad says giving him a look as though he'll murder him if he does. I hear Jacob gulp and his eyes widen slightly. I give my dad a playful glare.

"Dad!" I say pulling my hands on my hips.

He shrug and I turn to hurry away from him before he can traumatized Jacob even more. but I stop at the last step and turn to face my dad.He is smiling, but faintly and I can tell he is thinking of mom. Whenever he thinks about her, he glows with happiness, but his eyes hole so much pain. I run into his open arms and He holds me tightly. "See you later daddy." I say breathing in deeply.

"Be safe sweetheart. Be home around 11 please."

"Ok daddy."

I smile at him as we let go of each other. Turning back around, I walk back to Jacob; he opens the car door for me and we get in. Driving to the dance. homecoming. Wow. Jacob taps his fingers nervously on the steering wheel and I glance over at him; he stares intensely out the windshield. When we get to the school Jacob parks quickly and comes to open my door. I watch him closely as he nervously looks around.

"Everything ok?" I ask as we enter the gym.

Jacob looks around the gym and oblivious didn't hear me ask.

"Jacob?" I tap his arm.

No answer.

"Jacob?" I tap one more time.

"Huh? What?" He turns and faces me.

I give him a little smile, "everything ok?"

He doesn't smile or laugh, he just nods and leads me onto the dance floor as a slow song comes on. He puts his hands on my waist and I put mine on his shoulders. At first we are talking and smiling, joking and laughing. But than Jacob freezes and stares off to the door.