Chapter 5

I slowly fluttered my eyes open and my vision was blurry. 

For a second I thought I was in heaven and my pain had ended.

But unfortunately, as I regained focus, I realized I was in a hospital bed surrounded by IV's and machines. I looked around and I saw a man holding a clipboard staring at me, I assumed he was my doctor. 

"How are you feeling Scarlette?" He asked in a soft tone. 

It took me a few seconds to register what he said but I replied,

"I have a really bad headache, but why am I in the hospital?" 

He replied with, "Someone must've called the police and brought you here because you were found unconscious, and chained to the ceiling." 

Why couldn't they have just left me there to die? 

"You were there alone and no one else seemed to be around so the ambulance called your father and brought you here." 

Wait, my father?! This means he will pay me a 'visit' and take me 'home'. 

"You had very serious injuries Scarlette. Multiple whip lashes on your torso and back, burn marks all over your body, two fractured ribs, a broken wrist, and a concussion."

 Wow, he really did give me the beating of a lifetime... 

"Also, we injected a drug inside to put you in a coma otherwise you would've died from the excruciating pain that came with all the injuries." 

"So how long have I been out?" I asked. 

"About 2 weeks," he replied. 

2 WEEKS?? 

"Most of your injuries have healed but you will have many scars from the burns and whip lashes." 

He isn't asking me anything about how this happened.. My father must've conjured up some sort of lie to cover it up. He might've even been the one to call the police...

"If I were you I would rest and get better, so you can go home as quickly as possible to your loving father." He said in such a happy tone, that it was disgusting. Yeah, my 'loving' father. I'm totally looking forward to that. The doctor left and a nurse came in and quickly said with a smile.

"If you need anything, all you have to do is press that button on your left." And she pointed to it. After the nurse left, I took three deep breaths and tried thinking of a way to escape, or commit suicide so I wouldn't have to face my father. 

I pressed the button the nurse showed me and a different nurse appeared in seconds. 

"When will I be able to have visitors?" I asked her with a sweet but fake smile. 

"Don't worry sweetheart, you'll be able to see your father tomorrow first thing in the morning!" She replied in a cheery voice. 

"Thank you so much" I replied dryly. And with that, the nurse left me alone with my thoughts. 

If I see my father tomorrow, he'll probably arrive early at around 6, so I have to leave tonight. I felt the incredible urge to sleep, so I curled up into a ball and fell asleep within seconds. 

When I wake up, I check the time and it is 12:45 am. I look around and I get up and look out my window to see if anyone is there. No one is and when I turn around, I see the same black wolf I saw in the woods.

I look with confusion, because how would a wolf, get inside the hospital? And find out where my room is? With all these questions swirling in my head, the wolf starts approaching me with its wide curious eyes and nudges my leg with its nose.

 It then goes behind me and starts to push me towards the door. 

I am really confused but I guess this is the only way I can escape. Or maybe I'm going crazy and this is all just a hallucination.

I'm going insane.

I decide to take my chances and I pull out the IV cords and wires, I take my bloody hoodie from before, and I open the door.