Chapter 15

It all happened so quickly.

Most of it was a blur but I'll never forget it. 

I walked into the castle, saw my father with broken chains on his arms and legs, holding my tear-stained mother's hands, and looking at each other with such love in their eyes. 

I was so angry at this, at how my mother lied to me. 

Betrayed me. 

She stayed with that monster, knowing what he did, and could do. 

I was so angry, I blasted a piece of ice at him without thinking, and before I knew it, he was on the floor with a sharp piece of ice sticking out of his chest. 

I killed my father. 

I killed my father. 

I killed my father. 

That kept repeating in my head until I realized what I did. 

I looked at my mother crying hysterically, over my father's dead body. 

I didn't know what to do. Comfort her? Comfort myself? Cry over him? Kill her too? Or just leave? 

The last idea seemed the least harmful, so I turned on my heel and walked out of the castle to Crescent. 

She had taken Blue because when I did what I did, I ended up dropping him, so Crescent took him. 

I reached them and just sat down. There were too many thoughts in my head. I couldn't focus. I needed to run. 

I picked up Blue and handed him to an older wolf. "C'mon girl," I said to Crescent. 

We walked out of the palace and started running at the same time. Strangely, I was the same speed as her, even though she was a wolf. The terrible thing I had done didn't even register in my mind yet. I could slowly feel a smile finding its way onto my face, and I forgot about everything. 

I looked over and saw part of Crescent's pack. I looked to the other side and saw the rest. I was running. I had wolves by my side. I was free. 

I was running with wolves, and I loved it. 

We stopped for a moment to catch our breaths. I looked around and saw basically the same woods. I think we ran in a straight line the whole time, without any turns, or changes. We turned around and took off again. 

I loved feeling the wind on my face. It makes me feel like nothing else matters and all I feel is the moment that I'm in. I absolutely love it. 

When we reached the castle, I took a few deep breaths and opened the door. 

What I saw was incredible, and scary at the same time. There was jagged ice everywhere. 

It's like my mother went crazy. 

I slowly walked with the pack and looked around. I saw all the wolves bunched up in a small cave made by the ice. But I didn't see Blue. I looked everywhere and eventually found him pinned to a wall, about to be impaled by an icicle. 

I carefully picked him up and looked for my mother. I came to the front door and heard sobbing echoing around the castle. 

I figured out where it was coming from and followed it.