Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

2 Days after the accident:

Asters P.o.v:

"Aster please let me take you home so you can get some rest, She'll still be here when you get back" Katie said giving me a concerend look.

" Oh you know she will still be here do you?" i frowned.

"Please"

"Just piss off will you, you never cared about her so why are you even here"

I'd had enough of katies whinning, for once this wasn't about her but she didnt quite understand that.

Katie just turned and left the room.

I really just wanted to hold Scarlette, in fact i needed to but she was swamped in so many diffrent wires and tubes i was scared of pulling any of them out, so i decided to just hold her hand and watch her. The only thing offering me any form of comfort at the moment was the steady beeping of her heart beat monitor. It was a constant reminder that she was still with me.

"Scarlette please wake up" I pleaded with her lifeless body. Squeezing her hand slightly.

I was so tired i layed my head next to hers avoiding the wires, and let sleep take me over.

Scarlettes p.o.v:

As i woke up memorys of what had happend started to swamp through my brain. I slowly pushed my self up so i was sat up slighly. I noticed i was coverd in wires and had a huge cast on my leg. I also had a tube going up my nose which was really annoying. Thats when i saw Aster a sleep next to me, i stroked her hair softly.

"Katie?" she asked while still half a sleep. I felt my breath catch in my throat, god I've just been hit by a car yet that hurts more.

Even though it broke my heart i just smiled. "No its me" My voice croaked as i replied to her question.

I've never seen anyone shoot up so fast.

"Scarlette (She smiled) Im going to go get a doctor"

"No... in a minute im not in the mood to be poaked and proded it at just yet" I chuckled.

"I didn't think you'd wake up" She said while fighting back the tears. And darting her gaze away from me.

I gently stroked her face " I'm not going anywere just yet" all of a sudden I snapped out of my daze. Everything that happened between us came pouring back. "Where's Katie?" I asked looking away from her. I could see from the corner of my eye she was giving me a confused expression. "I think I'm ready to see the doctor now" I said, trying to move my legs over the side of the bed, but everywhere hurt.

She grabbed my wrist gently to stop me from trying to get up " stop it, stop trying to push me away, I nearly lost you" she said staring at me right in my eyes.

Just as she was about to tell me something the doctor walked in and smiled at us.. " Welcome back miss Rohnson".

He asked aster to leave the room while he checked me over. She hesitated and stopped at the door to look at me, she looked hurt. He pulled up a seat next to me.

" Scarlette while investigating your injuries we found a primary brain tumour, i know its a shock but we need to start treatment immediately, ill give you an hour to come to terms with this and then well need talk more okay"