BONUS CHAPTER 20 Halloween

*please note Owsla is still a child, not a teenager in this chapter*

"Come on, please!"

"No."

"Please?"

"I said no!"

"But Nataaashaaaa!"  Sonny begged.

"I said no and that's final. I am NOT going to wear that costume!"

About a week ago, Sonny had made the declaration that everyone had to participate in trick or treating this year. While most were excited for the candy, they rolled their eyes when Sonny kept insisting they should have a group costume. They had already rejected many of his ideas- the rainbow, a band of pirates, social media, ...Disney princesses... and then he suggested everyone going as EDM artists. Jamie and Aurora (Phish) were already on board with the idea, deciding to go as their already determined EDM equivalents- Bucky as Skrillex and Phishie as Dillon Francis. Owsla had agreed to be Zedd and Sonny and Joel were going at Guy and Thomas from Daft Punk.  Now Sonny was begging Natasha to be her own EDM equivalent- Deadmau5.

"But it'll be fun!"

"There is absolutely no way in hell am I going as Deadmau5 for Halloween!" With that, Natasha grabbed her bowl of chips she had poured and plopped down on the couch in the living room.

But the goblin just followed her, completely determined to bother her until she gave in.

The gang was hanging out in the living room today. Joel was playing a game on the huge TV, lounging in the recliner with Meowingtons on his lap.  Aurora and Jamie were on their computers, editing files from their respective interests,  Jamie on a music track and Aurora on a video. Owsla likewise was sitting on the floor reading some old comic books. Natasha sat next to Jamie, watching her work in Ableton Live. It was a wonder Natasha would never tire of, watching her girlfriend create songs.

"I already had that old prototype Mau5 head shipped here. It'll be here any day so you might as well just go with it." Joel said,  gunning down a few more bad guys as he said it.

"How can you just go along with all of this?" Natasha asked, baffled by the level of 'chill' Joel seemed to have about this entire situation.

The Mau5 just shook his head in surrender. "Sometimes it's just easier to let him have his way rather than fight him."

"You sound like a husband talking about his wife...." Natasha mumbled.

"What?"

"Nothing!" quickly moving on, Natasha continued her previous argument. "Why don't you two go as yourselves! Why do you have to get me to do it?"

"Because if we went as ourselves it wouldn't be a costume!" Sonny whined. "And it has to be you because Bucky said you're the mini-Joel!"

Natasha turned to her girlfriend beside her. "So this is your fault!"

"Don't drag me into this." Jamie shook her head, refusing to let herself get involved. Being siblings, Bucky had long ago figured out to pick her battles with her brother. The goblin's stubbornness was an overwhelming force not to be taken lightly. Sadly however, it seemed her girlfriend had yet to learn this lesson.

"Come on Natasha, Halloween is a holiday where you get to dress as someone you're not- someone you wish you could be."

"I don't WANT to be Joel!"

"I feel a little offended..." Joel commented, frowning as he shot a couple more bad guys. "I think..."

"Well don't. I mean if I became you I'd have to be a guy. I'm a girl and I'd rather stay a girl."