Chapter Four - Iris

'Dear Dawn,

'Merlin, did you really write your father? I'm happy for you but also extremely nervous for you as well... though I suppose that doesn't help much! I am so excited to come and visit you... and I hope you will intruduce me to your neighbor, from your letters, well he sounds extremely nice. Henry is such a nice name, does he go by Harry at all? My father had a friend growing up named Henry, but everyone called him Harry... usually every other year we get a visit from "uncle" Harry.

'Petunia is driving me crazy, while she is my sister and I love her... well she can still barely even look at me and I will be glad to get a break from that... I may actually go insane... much like a certain friend of ours, have you written Sev at all? He is constantly asking me if I have heard from you... I think a Slythrin friend of ours may have a crush! You guys would be very cute together... though there is the whole Slythrin Gryffindor thing, but if your neighbor and Ethel can get through it I am sure it is very possible.

'How's your mum? I am sorry that you don't like Bruce... I don't understand why you just don't tell your mum, I mean it might not change anything... but she has the right to know that you don't like the man that she plans to marry. I would want to know if I was her... oh! and I can't believe the whole flower drama, but I guess I am glad they made up. It would be a shame to call of the wedding, especially if your mum is happy with Bruce. Maybe you could try to find something in common with him?

'Only two more days until I arrive as I write this... and I don't know who will make it there first! Me or the letter, oh and by the way, Angela is getting cuter every time I see her... and my mum adores her. I think she regrets getting me a cat instead of an owl.... but at least she can treat Angela when she brings letters.

'Can't wait to see you, Lily'

I smiled at my friends letter and paced the room anxiously. "Are you really that excited to see your friend?" My mum asked me amused from the couch, I nodded and continued to pace... and nearly jumped out of my skin when there was a loud knock at the front door.

I ran down the hall of my house and pulled the door open very quickly to see my red headed friend smiling holding a suitcase. When she saw me she dropped the trunk and threw her arms around me, "I missed you so much!" I said grinning, I heard Lily giggle.

"I missed you to!" She laughed, "And so does Sev, seriously... I think if I left my trunk unsupervised he would have jumped in!" We both laughed and I led Lily into the house, my mother made her way out of the living area and smiled when she saw Lily.

I sent my mum a smile, "Mum, this is Lily, Lily, this is my mum Dorothy Spratt." Lily shock my mothers hand and sent me another smile that lead to the both of us starting another laughing fit.

"My, my, I haven't seen Dawn this happy in quite some time, have fun girls." My mum said, before she returned to the living room.

Once me and Lily had calmed down I looked out the window and into the yard, "Why don't we go see Henry?" I asked, Lily nodded eagerly and we rushed out of the house and to my next door neighbors house. I grabbed the brass knocker and knocked loudly... and like always I could hear the shuffling of Henry's slippers across the hard wood floor.

He pulled the door open and smiled when he saw I had someone else with me, "Henry, this is Lily, my friend I told you about, and Lily, this is Henry." I said using a lot of hand gestures, which lead to the two of them both laughing at my awkwardness.

"Come on in girls." Henry said pulling the door open more so Lily and I could enter, I lead the way into the kitchen and put some water onto boil. Henry laughed at me and took a seat next to Lily. "So Lily, Dawn tells me your a fellow muggle born!"