Chapter Six - Lavender

I looked at one of my closest friends... and the boy I had fancied since part way through last year. He had grown over the summer, a smile was on his face and his hair far to long. He wore black clothing, as he usually did. He now looked down at me with his new height.

"Sorry... I guess I was just off in my own little world." I laughed, Severus laughed as well.

"Aren't you always off in your own little world?" Severus joked, "Come on, Lily has got a compartment back a ways." He told me taking my hand, I felt my hate heat up and I followed him happily the way I had come.

We reached a compartment where Lily sat, a book in her lap, though she put it away when she saw me come in with Severus. "Dawn! Where on earth where you?" Lily asked me after pulling me into a tight hug, "How was the rest of your summer?"

I smiled at my friend, "My dad wrote me." I told her, "And my mum broke off the engagement with Bruce."

Lily gasped and gave me another hug, "Are you okay? What did your dad say? I bet your glad the engagement was broken off!" Lily said all but at once, I smiled a little.

"I'm fine, he said that my mum sent him off, that she went mad after I was born... and yes I am beyond relieved that I won't be calling Bruce step father... I have hardly spoken with my mum since I heard from my dad... everything is a mess." I told her, "But I am on my way back to Hogwarts with my two best friends, Henry saw me off, all is well." I told her, she smiled and gestured for me to sit down.

I plopped on the cushioned seat next to Severus. "How was your summer Sev, we didn't talk all that much..." ...because I have a major crush on you and I was hoping that it would lessen some over the summer. "Maybe next summer I can come to Cokeworth, see you and Lily." I told him, he smiled.

"My summer was pretty okay, my parents fought but they always do, so nothing new... did you find out if your dad is a wizard or not, you used to wonder about it all the time." Severus said looking at me, I smiled.

"Yeah, he is a wizard... and he had three other children and a wife named Ira." I told them, Lily sat wide eyed. "I don't really want to go into it..." I whispered, they nodded.

Lily grinned evilly, "So Dawn, got your eyes on any wizards?" She asked me with an evil grin, I blushed quite red, "Do tell who!"

"Why? It doesn't matter Lily, he will never ever feel that way for me. I am a nobody, there are far prettier girl, more courageous girls..." I was stopped by Severus.

"I am sure any guy who doesn't realize who beautiful you are is a fool, and Dawn, you would not have been sorted into Gryffindor had you not be brave and courageous." Severus told me, I felt my checks heat up.

Lily smirked, "See you are pretty and courageous, why don't you just tell us."

I just shock my head at Lily and looked to the ground. "He doesn't feel the same way about me... and while I trust you, anyone could hear and tell him." I told her, trying to lead her off her senses. She just smirked at me and shock her head.

"I hope you tell him soon Dawn... you guys would be good together." She took a quick glance to Severus, "It would be like Henry and Ethel."

Severus's eye brows rose, "Who are Henry and Ethel?" He asked me, I smiled.

"Henry is my next door later and Ethel is his wife who passed away last year." I told him, I smiled at the thought of my elderly friend.

Severus nodded, "But what would make it like the pair of them?" He asked me, I giggled.

"Ethel was a pure blood witch raised to despise muggles and muggle borns and was sorted into Slythrin upon arriving to Hogwarts, and Henry, well he was a muggle born boy sorted into Gryffindor... somehow the two of them became friends the minute they met in first year... and by fifth year the two were in love." I told him, he smiled and looked at both me and Lily.