Chapter Eleven - Clover

Dearest Dawn,

If you are reading this I am gone... And I know that you must be sad. Over the past year you have become the daughter I lost years ago. You filled an empty hole in my heart Dawn Willowlynn, so I shall be ever so grateful for forever. In life and in death.

Do not cry in sadness that I am gone. Cry for the happy times we had together sipping tea. Cry for the joy that I am now to be reunited with my wife and my sweet daughter, who like you, was named Dawn.

Oh... When I first saw you, all those years, as just a infant, oh I thought you were her. You share the same never changing beauty... And that is why I stopped the farming of the land out behind our houses. I knew, that most likely, like Dawn, you would love the flowers that grew there.

And you did, you loved the daisies just like her.

I have left you everything for a reason. I want this to be your fresh start. Travel the world Dawn, find a man to marry one day, get away from the drama your parents are giving you. Get away. Live your own life. Make things up with Lily, kiss the man you love again and again because life is far to short. You can not let a single moment pass by without treasuring it. Live without regrets, and you will live happily.

I will ask though, for you to keep the daisies in the front garden, and maybe eventually you will find a flower you will want to add. Life works in strange ways, believe me, after my many years I know this better then anyone I have ever met.

I have written it down, the stories. I thought that eventually you may want to know the rest. Heavens, maybe one day it would make a good bedtime story for children of your own.

Try to make things up with your parents, you may not realize yet, but a parent can sometimes be your best friend. They are a secret keeper, a friend, everything you need in life.

Live adventurously Dawn. Everyday is a new beginning. Take a deep breath and soar.

With much love, Henry.'

The letter was now stained with tear marks. It wasn't the same perfectness it was before, "Why?" I asked aloud, "Why did someone so amazing have to die!"

Dumbledore walked towards me and placed a hand on my shoulder, "Do not pity the dead Dawn, pity the living." He told me softly, "I will walk you to your dorm, you may have the rest of the week off classes."

I didn't stop crying by the time the girls returned from classes. My curtains were pulled shut around my bed, and I heard the panicked voices of my dorm mates... And Lily. I yanked the, wide open and looked to Lily.

"He's gone." I whispered, "He... He... He's gone."

I was no longer the only one sobbing.

I was no longer alone.

Because me and Lily cried together in a hug.

We were mourning together.