Why Is Everyone Around Me So Weird?

It only took me about fifteen minutes to reach Michaela's house. She was already waiting at the door for me like some kind of needy dog.Creep. It doesn't matter that she's a creep because she just so happens to be my best friend. I guess technically she was my creep. We'd been as close as sisters ever since the fifth grade almost ten years ago. She was a new student and a little bit awkward, which I could relate to. I greeted her (pronouncing her name incorrectly) and we'd been inseparable ever since.

We decided to keep this theme going after we graduated high school by applying to the same colleges. Luckily we both got accepted to Seattle Pacific University. Beings roommates with Michaela would bring a lot of comfort to me, especially being so far from home and family.

I practically ran into her arms like a mad woman. "Cakes!! It's been too long, and I have so much to tell you! Oh, we have to pick Vannah up on the way to lunch." I said that last part with a slight wince because I know Michaela isn't the biggest fan of Vannah, but that's okay because Vannah pretty much hates Michaela too.

She gave me a flat look, " I didn't know that Satan ate lunch." Rolling my eyes, I looped our arms and skipped to my already running car. Today would be great even if I had to keep my two friends from ripping each other's hair out.

The moment we got in the car Michaela started playing with my radio. That's a bad move. If there was one thing that pissed me off, it was people messing with my music.

I cleared my throat,"Uh...what do you think you're doing?" I asked half joking but not really joking at all.

"What do you mean? I'm changing the radio station. All you ever listen to is that depressing alternative music" she said with a smirk on her face. Se knew exactly what she was doing.

"That's not all I listen to! I also listen to classic rock and upbeat alternative rock. Besides, which one of us is the music major? I'd go to you for advice if I needed help with organic chemistry. Never music because you have terrible taste." I said with a satisfied look.

She opened and closed her mouth a few times before staying silent. A few seconds later she said," I know! I thought Adam Lambert was the greatest musician of the last 60 years." She said while we both laughed at her musical ineptitude. I sped down the highway still in stitches with Michaela.

A.N.
I'm going to start attaching the song that I listened to while writing each chapter. You'll have your own little playlist by the end. I thought it was cool especially since this book focuses a lot on art and music. Song on this chapter: Amsterdam by Gregory Alan Isakov
Much Love, Gabs❤️