I'll Take The Couch

I stifled a yawn as we ascended the stairs to the top of Brandon's building.  His loft was located on the rougher side of Seattle, but the location was still more ideal than the apartment that Michaela and I shared. We lived a solid half hour away from the university. Brandon only lived ten minutes tops, and he was close to The Brew.

When we finally landed on the top floor, he grabbed his keys from his pocket to unlock the door. When I stepped into the room my jaw hit the floor. His loft was beautiful especially considering that it was located in a relatively poor end of Seattle. I also noticed that it was really clean considering that it was inhabited by a 23 year old college boy.

"Yeah, my mom really got into the decorating. I would've been good with just a mattress and my guitar." He admitted in an embarrassed way.

"No. I think it's awesome. It's very sweet that you let your mom decorate." I said with a small smile on my face.

He stared at me with an intense look in his eyes. I couldn't even begin to guess what he was thinking, but I was growing more uncomfortable by the minute under his gaze.

I cleared my throat to snap his attention back to reality." So, where is the bathroom so I can clean up and be on my way?" I asked making my question also come across as a statement that let him know I wouldn't be staying here any longer than necessary.

"It's up stairs in my bedroom. Here I'll show you." He says before leading the way up the black stairs.

"So, thanks for letting me come in and clean up. I don't want to get you in trouble with your girlfriend, so I won't stay long." I didn't mean to have that hint of bitterness in my tone, but I couldn't help it.

He just shook his head and let out a barely audible chuckle. For some reason that infuriated me more. Now I was feeling self conscious. Was he laughing at me for being jealous. I'm not jealous, or at least I won't let him know that I am.

I walked, actually more like stomped, into the bathroom. I wasn't expecting Brandon to follow me. That's why when I turned around I let out a yelp of shock.

"What are you doing?!" I asked in a harsher tone than I meant to.

"I'm getting the first aid kit out for you." He replied in an equally as rude tone.

"Whatever." I scoff while rolling my eyes at him. I'm over this whole night, and I honestly just want to go home.

"What is your problem? I've been nothing but nice and accommodating to you, and you're still acting like a bitch." He said with a flashing anger in his eyes and flared nostrils.

"Don't call me a bitch. You don't even know me." I said in a hurt tone. I know I was being rude, but it's just because of my pent up jealousy. So, it still hurts to hear him think badly of me.

"Look, I'm sorry. Just get up on the counter so that I can clean you up, and you can get the hell out of my apartment." He said in an exhausted voice.

"What a nice apology. It doesn't matter, I can clean my leg on my own. I'm not a two year old." I said back sarcastically.

"Could've fooled me." He muttered under his breath.

"Screw you."

"Just get up on the counter." He said in a tone of finality.

"I don't want to." I said back in a terribly immature voice.

"Fine." He lifted me up by my hips and sat me on the counter. I didn't want to admit it, but even that little amount of contact sent my heart soaring and a blush rising to my cheeks.