Immortals Chapter 70 - Plans

Shoutout to @_Bright_Light_ who recently began reading this, spam read it and then commented all their theories. Like, that is amazing. I love all comments, but theories-- yes please.

Anyway, enjoy the slightly crappy chapter. It'll be better next time, I promise.

____
He felt like he was going to go insane. He couldn't pace any faster unless he really wanted to burn a hole in the floor, and at this point, he was almost contemplating it.

"Sasuke, slow down and take a second to breathe," Itachi suggested from the couch, to which Sasuke stopped abruptly and turned to look at him.

"Take a second to breathe?" Sasuke repeated. His eyes were already burning with his Sharingan, he could feel it. "Take a second to breathe?! Itachi, you fucking lost the one thing in this world I would risk everything for and I don't know where the fuck she is! What would you have done if you trusted me to take care of your precious wife, huh? Would you want to kill me as much as I want to kill you?"

Itachi sighed.

His older brother had delivered the news over the phone. Sasuke was in Alaska faster than he could blink, and he had very nearly ripped his brother's head from his shoulders when he first arrived.

Sasuke turned away. He couldn't continue to glare like that when he had this awful feeling of dread pitting up inside of him. He felt sick almost, hands shaky and breathing ragged. This damn girl. How many times had she made him feel like this? Before, he'd never felt anything close to human emotion, but now...

He felt a hand on his shoulder, and it was a soothing touch. His head snapped up to see Mayako behind him, peering at him with a worried gaze.

"Don't," Sasuke tried to shrug his shoulder away, but Mayako kept her hand firm.

"We all know you can't work with you feeling like this," she said, shaking her head, "You need to calm."

Mayako was a Spec, and she had a certain talent for changing a person's emotion simply by touch. She'd tried several times earlier to calm him, but he was so stubborn that he got away every time. This time, however, he agreed.

"We can't go there alone," Itachi began, after allowing a few moments of silence to pass. Sasuke was calm, now, at least. "Akatsuki will rip us apart if we go in with just us."

"We need..." Sasuke let out an exasperated breath, "Something. I don't know. I just want my wife back."

Mayako's hand at his shoulder rubbed there soothingly.

"We'll get her back, Sasuke," she reassured. "Your father will think of something."

"Any diplomatic way of solving this is gone," Fugaku called from the far side of the room, "Since Itachi has already permanently killed one of their coven."

"It was self-defence." Itachi offered, "Can't we use that against them and say they attacked us?"

"No. We have no proof except for a few dozen dead humans and a burning wreckage, which could just point back to you."

Sasuke's hands dug into the back of the couch he was leaving on. "Then if there's no diplomatic way around it," he began, meeting his father's eyes, "We'll have to get Ayame ourselves."

"It's not that easy." Mayako inputted, sighing, "As soon as we approach they could kill her. They might even force us to surrender in exchange for her life, meaning your family would hand over everything you have to them instantly. Taking Ayame was a smart move on their behalf."