Part Nine

All hell seemed to be breaking loose, with four little words Brynne seemed to unravel everyone.  Shouts and questions yelled out filled the room with chaos. Finally having enough of everyone speaking at once, Owen stood up Brynne still in his arms. "Everyone will be silent, Brynne has been trying to talk for the last few minutes and you children have all been interrupting her. You will give her the respect she has and always will deserve. Anyone going against this will speak to me after.  And I'm not doling out hours this time boys."

Brynne was looking at Owen with complete awe.  He managed to calm them down enough for her to speak with just a few calmly spoken sentences. "If you will raise your hand I will call on you and answer all the questions you may have on this and  anything else but not all at once it was kinda frightening.  I know you would never hurt me but I don't like being yelled at."

Everyone raised their hand but the look on Victor's face said it all.  "Yes my prince charming, what would you like to know?"

Victor swallowed the hurt he fealt and took a deep breath.  "Is Danny her father?"

Brynne laughed at this but quickly stopped laughing. "No, Danny is not Ari's father.  Remember when I told you something happened in 9th grade.  Well the senior quarterback thought it would be funny to invite all the freshmeat, sorry freshmen, girls that year to a party at his house.  He then drugged the "punch" that was given to us.  I'm not 100% certain as to who Ariadne's father is but based on her appearance I believe it was the quarterback. Danny claims to be her father and is listed as such on her birth certicate. To be honest I'm fine with that it may have been worse if he hadn't found me naked in his brother's room.  That's why he's protective of me, he has guilt.  He feels like he didn't protect me, his best friend, from his own brother at a party in his own house. He's never come out and said it but that day changed everything between us.  He became more protective even going as far as stopping his own life and love life to take care of me and Ari. He pretended to be my boyfriend for so long it fealt natural to say he was.  And I became evem more dependant upon him.  I lost myself in so many ways.  That's why I graduated late,  I had to do an extra semester for the one i missed for when I was placed on bed rest the last two months of pregnancy and to have her.  She turned 5 today.  I think that's why I came back, and not living this dream world of Sang's.  I was missing my baby girl."

Luke raised his hand. "How are you sure it's not Danny's child? You said based on appearance you assume she's Danny's brother's child.  How do you know its not Danny's?"  Everyone seemed to think this was a very valid question.

Brynne just laughed at Luke, "Easy answer, I know she's not his because before I left he was getting ready to ask Billy to marry him.  He was going to be my brother-in-law.  Him and Billy have been a couple secretly since before I got pregnant. I'm just so used to calling him my boyfriend for both my protection and he was scared to come out to his parents that I sometimes forget I have the wrong body parts for him.  Now do you see why I'm laughing about him being her father.  I love him like a brother, habit is a very scary thing though.  Out of habit I said he was my boyfriend."

Everyone's jaw was literally hanging open. Brynne laughed again at the silly expressions on everyone's faces. "Any other questions boys, I'm ready to see how far away my baby is.  She must have grown so much.  She was tall for her age when I disappeared.  I hope she doesn't think I left her on purpose.  I need to call either Danny or Billy please." 

Brynne could feel the anxiety creep in.  She nervously played with the charms on the bracelet.  Looking down at the charms, she fingered Silas's superman and thought of his strong arms holding her tight. She touched Luke's sun and smiled at his goofy antics.  Grazing Victor's musical note she heard the lullabies he played for her in her head. Sean's cross healed her heart as she smiled at it. Nathan's weight weighed her worries down to an almost controllable state. Kota's calculator added up all the things holding her here close to them.  Gabe's easel painted a picture of the life she could have with them.  Owen's tie tied her heart to theirs but it was North's star that brought her home. 

She took a deep breath looked at the men in the room and calmly said, "I need to use a phone to talk to Danny and find out where they are and talk to him in private before he gets here.  Can I use your phone again Sean please?"

I know it's not as long as I had hoped but I can't hold this in anymore this will be finished tonight.  Will all make sense next update.  I promise no one should be mad or sad.  But don't really know how you birds will react.  Love you all and thank you for joining me in this perilous journey.  Its about to come to an end with clear skies.
<3  B