New Beginnings

Sang sat on the kitchen bar stool staring longingly at the front door. She heard someone take a seat beside her, not turning her head she knew instantly who it was from his smell.  Danny's hand reached over and grabbed on of hers.  "You can look away from the door love its still going to be there when you look back." At that comment Sang Sabrina Sorenson looked over at her best friend and weakly smiled. She was glad he was living with them now, it gave her a safety zone away from her men.  She was just sad that it was because he needed her as much as she needed him since Billy passed away almost a year before.

"I know it'll be there, I'm just so excited, aren't you?  Where is everyone anyways? They all know she should be here in about 15 minutes. Bryan text me 15 minutes ago and said they were just leaving. I told everyone but they aren't here waiting for her with me. Ugh Danny help me get everyone here, please."

"Sang, Brynne look at me, come on baby girl, you need to calm down.  Sean's gonna get the rest of your hubbies to gang up on me unless you relax.  Which reminds me, when are you going to tell them?"

"I asked you almost 25 years ago not to call me that anymore.  I chose to stay here and forget Sabrina Martin ever existed.  You agreed, why are you calling me that now?  And I have no clue what you're talking about, what am I supposed to tell them?"

Danny looked into Sang's tired green eyes and chuckled. "Sang, the reason I called you that was to distract you.  You are concentrating so much on that door to try to block out pain that you aren't paying attention to me.  So, has your water broke yet? And don't give me that "I don't know what you're talking about bull shit".  I have been your child birth partner with every single one of your babies.  I can tell when you're in labor."

Sang tried to laugh but another wave of pain hit her. "Yeah, water broke about half hour ago.  No, I haven't told them yet, the second I do they will go into panic mode, just like they do every time. That's the reason I asked you to do this. I remember with Shelby, North was beside himself.  I thought he was going to have a stroke.  Each contraction he would get more pissed and his face more red.  He was so funny, getting mad because I was in pain. That's when I knew it didn't matter what they thought, but I needed you there beside me.  Someone who I knew loved me but could control themselves through labor.  The father could be in the room if and only if he behaved himself, hopefully Sean and Owen can behave because after this I'm done. The boys just don't really realize how hard this has been on me. Sure the first 4 weren't that bad but when I found out that I had extensive damage to my ovaries and had to take the fertility drugs to try and get pregnant that was hell but after the triplets I was done with that.  I swear I  thought my body was going to split in half, I am too  small to have more than one or two babies in here at a time. In vitro has been the best option since.  Sure I have to take the hormones and all that but they only try two embyo at a time so no more chances of triplets."

Sang braced the edge of the table as the next contraction hit.  Danny looked down at his watch and sighed.  She was going to cut it close this time.  Luckily if it gets too bad hopefully Sean could deliver them here, because Danny knew he wasn't pulling Sang away from this seat until after Ariadne got back.  Her husband Bryan was driving so Danny was reassured his baby was safe.  Ariadne may not have been his biological daughter but Ari didn't care either.  They finally sat down and explained it all to her when she was 15 after Sang had Lucky. Ariadne had seen how all the kids called all the men either dad or daddy and finally asked about biological parents.  That lead to us finally admitting to her that her Uncle John had taken advantage of Sang at a party and helped make her.  Neither of us wanted to tell her that technically he drugged Sang and raped her because we were scared she would feel awkward or withdraw into herself out of guilt. Danny looked down at his watch again and realized it was going to be a home birth.  He took his phone out and text Sean.  Hey Doc need you in kitchen ASAP send group text tell every1 babies r coming now and Ari will be here soon. Danny put his phone down and tried to distract Sang again. "So tell me again how you came up with the kids names again.  I know with Ariadne we just looked at her and it fealt right. What about the rest?"