Chapter 16

It's been two days since Lucy told Natsu he was Nashi's father and they haven't spoken since then. It was partly Lucy's fault, she kept avoiding him and walking away when he'd try to talk to her.

They had reached their destination last night after leaving the guild a day ago, and now they're working on a plan.

Lucy walked in the middle of the camp and got everyone's attention. She cleared her throat, "Me, Gray, Erza and-" Lucy paused before continuing casually, "Natsu, will go and meet my friend. The rest of you will stay here and help pin point Nashi. Levy and Cana are in charge." She finished and everyone went to go help.

Lucy started to pack things like a water bottle and food into a small pack. Erza walked up behind her and placed a hand on Lucy's shoulder, making her jump slightly under her touch. "Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to startle you." She apologized.

Lucy turned around and saw Gray and Natsu standing there with Erza. She sighed and smiled at her, trying her best not feel uncomfortable in Natsu's presence. "It's okay, there's nothing to be sorry about." Lucy said and placed her hand over Erza's.

"So," Erza started, "Who's your friend." She asked with a smile on her face.

Lucy slung her back pack over her shoulder and answered, "Her name is Mai Kenyon. She helped me with my training. She has a record of breaking and entering though. For years she's been a thief and was never caught until the council finally found her. She spent time in prison for about a year and I met her two years after she was released."

Gray furrowed his eyebrows. "And she's going to help us how?" He asked.

Lucy, Gray, Erza and Natsu walked out of the tent and were headed into Mai's direction. "Since she knows how to enter a building without being detected," Lucy said, "I thought she could help us with getting into the place Nashi might be being held. Plus she excels at artial arts."

They nodded in understanding. Natsu felt funny knowing this was his daughter they were going after, and still no one knew he was the father. Yet anyways.
------

About an hour later, the team arrived at a small building. It wasn't exactly a home, but it wasn't a gymnasium either.

Lucy stopped in front of the entrance. She turned around and motioned her hands as if showing off the building. "Here we are." She said and then put her hands on her hips. She made eye contact with Natsu for a split second before looking away.

Before anyone knew it, a woman with dark brown hair and snow white eyes charged at Lucy. The team was about to attack before Lucy took action. She ducked her head before the womans fust could make contact with her face and kicked her foot against the womans ankles, causing her to fall on her butt. Lucy pounced on top of her and placed her fore arm on the womans throat. The team was about to assist Lucy before the two girls started laughing.

Lucy helped the woman up and she dusted herself off. "Not bad Heartfilia. Clean kick and a fast take down." She said, and the team stood there with confusion plastered on their faces. "Where have you been?!" She suddenly blurted, making Lucy jump. "I haven't seen you in-" She didn't finish as she caught a glance at the small group standing a few feet away. She turned toward them and said, "Oh hello." And looked back at Lucy for an explanation. She then started to look hurt and a fake tear collected at the corner of her eye. "I see I've been replaced..." She sulked.

Lucy rolled her eyes and gestured towards her group. "Mai, this is Erza," She said as she pointed at the red head. "That's Gray," And she pointed at the raven haired mage. "And that's," Lucy cleared her throat before continuing, "N-natsu." She unnoticeably stuttered. "Guys, this is Mai." She finished.

Mai's eyebrows raised in surprise at the sound of Natsu's name. "Wait! Isn't that the guy- OW!" She couldn't finish her sentence because Lucy had kicked her leg, hard. Mai rubbed her hurting leg in pain. "What was that for?" Mai pouted. Mai was serious when she was training but was more on the silly side when she wasn't.

Lucy's expression suddenly turned serious. "We need your help." And then Mai turned her full attention to Lucy. "Nashi's in trouble."

Mai looked at Lucy in disbelief. "Whatta ya mean she's in trouble?" She asked.

Lucy sighed. "Remember when I told you I left my guild so I could train?" Lucy asked and Mai nodded. She could see her teams puzzled faces in the corner of her eye. "Well," Lucy hesitated before saying, "I... Lied." Lucy started fiddling her thumbs when Mai furrowed her eyebrows.

There was a few seconds of silence before Mai broke it. "Why did you then?" She asked surprisingly calm.

Lucy avoided eye contact. "A very dangerous man..." She trailed off.

Mai sighed, "Why'd you lie?" She asked with a hint of hurt sounding in her voice.

"F-for your safety." Lucy stuttered and looked up at her. "This guy was unpredictable. I thought he might kill you and my guild if I told."

Mai closed her eyes. "Why did you leave here? And why didn't you come to me first, considering I was closer." She said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

Lucy sighed. "I left because after I found that guy talking to Nashi, he sent a letter, and that's when I knew I had to leave. I-" Lucy was cut off when Natsu piped up.

"Wait wait wait," He said. "Are you telling me this creep talked to her before?!" He blurted, surprising everyone with his sudden outburst. Ever since he learned he was the father, he's felt an urge to get her from this guy. And knowing that his daughter has made contact with this guy before completely unsettled him even more than he already was. He had to admit, he was starting to become protective of her even though her didn't know her.

Lucy, Gray and Erza gave Natsu a confused glance. Lucy quickly shrugged it off and continued talking to Mai. "I didn't come to you," Lucy paused and glanced in Natsu's direction just to make sure he wasn't about to yell out again. Satisfied with his still and quiet composer, she continued, "because I didn't want to put you in danger..." Lucy said and hoped Mai would understand.

Mai sighed, "I'll help. For Nashi." She said and earned a joyful smile from Lucy. Lucy hugged Mai tightly and whispered a 'thank you' in her ear. Mai returned her hug.

They headed back to camp afterword and after introducing Mai they git back to work. It was time to officially start Mission "Save Nashi".

A/N

Hey guys! I hope you like the chapter! I was having a pretty tough time on figuring out where the story should go next. But, here it is and I hope it was good! And please kerp in mind I value your thoughts aboit this story. If there's something I should change just say so and I'll try to it. Except fot POV. That's kinda the one thing I wont change... Haha

Thanks for reading!

Please:

Like

Follow

And comment!