Chapter 1 - God Damn This City.

Well. It's finally happened. I'm getting tired of Wellington.

Sure, we've got all this stuff here. We've got this beehive. We've got this dumbass prime minister. We've got this giant museum. Some oceanfronts. Sure, it's cool if you love wind and broken umbrellas. (I'm not sure why anyone would love broken umbrellas, maybe for aesthetic reasons.) I don't love broken umbrellas. I love acting. And there isn't enough of it around here for me. 

Sure, the St. James theatre is massive, and I've done plenty of shows there. But I wanna make it big. I want to make a living off of performance, as opposed to keeping this crappy part time job at this bar not too far from where I'm flatting as well as doing what I love.. The apartment is tiny. Two bedrooms and a kitchen, one bathroom to share and an itty bitty living space. I've got to share it with my flatmate and best friend since high school, Elise. It's a tight squeeze, and not really enough to practice dance in. It's also expensive. As I'm walking up the stairs to said apartment (I prefer walking as opposed to the elevator sometimes. Gives me more time to think about things when I need it), I finally make the decision.

"I'm moving to L.A." I declare as I drop my bags next to the couch.

 My flatmate Elise is on the couch watching Bill Nye. She pauses it and sits up, brown hair all over her face blowing some bubblegum, and says

"Well, that's an abrupt decision."

"If I stay here much longer, Elise, I'm gonna suffocate. Look at how tiny this is. There's not enough action here for me! I want to live and be where my people are. My whole social circle in this city consists of you. You're basically the only person I like at all. I can't make enough money here doing what I do. Youtube isn't paying enough for me, I don't have enough viewers. It's hard to find shows you can get paid for being in here! I want to be in a movie. I want to do all of that. L.A. is the place to go to do it."

Elise, though the life of the party is also rather sensible a good majority of the time. She gets this look on her face and I know what she's about to say. That I should make it in this city first and go from there.

"L.A. has always been my dream, Elise. I've talked about it since we started high school together. It's time. I'm ready to do this."

Elise sighs, walks over to me and puts her hands on my shoulders. It looks like she's going to give me a serious lecture until her face breaks into a wide smile.

"Damnit, Carm. I'm gonna miss you."

I'm smiling now too.

"What should we pack first?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiya friends!

What do you think so far! Amazing, right? I know. Pretty good considering it's the first thing I've written in about two years.

Are you excited for when Jon comes in? Me too.

Thanks for reading, I'll see you on the next chapter!

~Ellen Cozartist