Chapter 17 - Became a Human

"Giz-onee-chan..." She called as the person turned around her body and was looking at her. Her smile was very warm and kind. 

"It's been a long time...Janne-chan" And she looked at the brothers. "Also to you too. Ruki, Kou, Yuma and Azusa. You have grown in to a fine man, all of you. Especially you...Ruki"

"...Gizelle-san" Ruki said her name.

"I'm very sorry. This was all happened because of me. If back then, I didn't told them about Janne-chan's existence, you won't have to face all of this"

"It wasn't your fault!" Janne countered her.

"That's right! If Giz-san didn't do that, we won't met pyon-chan again!"

"Kou..."

"Kou's right"

"Yuma..." She smiled at them, felt she has been forgiven. She turned back to Carla and Shin. "Carla... Shin... Please, you have to stop this. Leave Janne-chan alone"

"Gizelle... Why do you still insist of not taking that woman? Surely you knew with that woman in our hands, our race will be saved" Carla explained.

"That's right! Elle! Stop being so stubborn and hand her over!" Gizelle shook her head. "Why?!?"

"Even...Even if you did obtained her, you're still cannot be saved"

"Wh-What do you mean?" Shin asked.

She looked at Janne and Ruki. "Every person in this world... They had their destined soul mate. No matter how many times they're reborn or be separated, eventually they will end up together. Just like them..." She still looked at Janne and Ruki. "Especially...someone like Janne-chan. A Genesis. The being who been cursed by their ascendant but...the curse only effective when a Genesis or someone who is a descendant of Eve end up with someone who is not destined to be with her or him. But, when they have finally found their destined one, no one or anything will separated them" She explained causing Janne and Ruki were looking at each other. Then Janne looked back at Gizelle.

"Jaa, Giz-onee-chan? Does this mean..."

"Correct. You have succeeded destroy Eve's curse. Both you and Ruki...are now free. If you choose Carla or Shin, they will end up dead. That's why, I desperately wanted to save you and also Carla and Shin"

"Gizelle-san? How did you know Carla and Shin will die if Janne choose them? They are already searching for her when she's still a child, then how come you knew that?" Ruki asked.

"That's because... I possessed an ability. An ability where I can foresee someone's fate. The moment I laid my eyes on you and Janne-chan when you rescued her from the forest, I immediately knew that you two...are destine to be together. Even, if it take seventeen years for you two to be reunited once again" Janne and Ruki once again were looking at each other. They finally knew, the reason why Ruki didn't die when both of them confessing to each other that time, a year ago before Janne left him. They were destined to be together forever, for eternity.

"That's... That's a lie, right?!?" Shin suddenly shouted, causing all of them looked at him. "Oi, Elle! How come you didn't told us back then?!?"

"...Do you think everything will be changed even if I told you? I do not think you will believe me if I told you the truth. Only one way to keep both of you alive, but only for momentarily"

"Huh? How?"

Gizelle once again looked at Janne and move forward to her "Janne-chan? Are you willing to give your special ability to them? So they can live longer. But, you have to sacrificed your status as a Genesis and become..." Gizelle hesitated on continuing her statement and then "...A human?" Her question shocking them, especially Janne. They could heard gasped from both Mukami and Tsukinami.