Chapter 18 - The Usual Day

..ne..

Someone's voice calling her.

J...ne...

Again, its calling her.

Janne...

"Nn..." Janne slowly open her eyes. She blinked few times and staring at the figure sitting beside her sleeping figure. Golden blonde hair with ocean like blue eyes. "E...Eve?"

"How are you feeling?"

"Nn..Fine...I guess" She slowly raised up her body and take a sitting position. She touched her head, felt kinda dizzy and then she looked around her. Again, she's in the same place. White roses and lilies meadow. Her memorable place with Aruto. Her birthday present. And also...her memorable place with Ruki. Her thought about that made her face's blushing. Eve realized that and let out a small giggle. "Eh? Uuh... Did you read my memory?"

"Excuse me. That's very rude of me. I just can't help it. Well, of course that was something you should remembered. Because that memory...is very precious. The feeling when you became one with the person you loved the most. It felt very different when you doing it with love and without love"

"I...guess so" Janne still in her usual red face.

"Janne..." Eve called her and Janne looked at her. Eve gave a small smile with a hint of sadness in her eyes. "You're really...too kind for your own good"

"...Eh?"

"You could easily let the First Bloods died without have to sacrifice yourself. Now, you're losing everything. Your power, your immortality. Maybe one day you will die while Ruki continue to live. And yet... You gave all of you so they could live. You knew how evil they were. You're really...just like your mother"

"Well... I know they're evil and cruel but... I felt their sadness. I don't know but I just felt it. I think they have their own kindness too. I can see it when they face Giz-onee-chan, their expression...changed the moment Giz-onee-chan came. I guess, because they're not that mean so I choose to help them"

"I see. Well, Ruki will probably changed you just like him"

"...Maybe" Janne smiled a bit.

"I have to tell you something, Janne. It was very rare for humans to survived the awakening to become a vampire. The Mukami sure are very lucky one, maybe because it was Karl-Heinz, the King of Vampire who changed them. But, you will be changed by someone who once a human. I do not know you will survive or not"

"I understand. Well, it's not like I will got changed soon after I awake. I want...to stay like this for awhile. Living normal just like other kids" She smiled at her.

"Hmm... But, living together and become the prey of the vampires is not normal" Her statement hit Janne very hard and watching her reaction made Eve laughed a bit. "Well then... I guess you should wake up now. You've been sleeping too long"

"Eh? Really?"

"Yes. I am sure Ruki is worry about you. You have to go home now. Oh, one more thing" She touched Janne's shoulders and looked straight at her "Even though you're a human now, do not forget your status as the Eve. It is still remain the same. Someday, maybe there will be someone who will targeted you again even if you're a human now. Your blood is still the same, you're only sacrificing your special ability"

"Eve..." Janne touched her hands "It's okay... I'll be fine. As long Ruki-kun and the others are with me, I'll be fine. Don't worry"

"...You're right" She let go her hands and move backward. "I think this will be the last time we will meet each other again. Please, do take care yourself, Janne"