Chapter 3- How long will I live?

Tao: We rushed to the hospital quickly after the ambulance took Jongdae hyung. I started to cry on Lay's shoulder as we waited. "Tao, it's gonna be alright, stop crying like that." Baekhyun said. "I... Can't help it... I don't want hyung to be sick like this." I answered with a sob. Lay pulled me into a hug and I cried harder. "I think we should've told the instructor that Chen was sick. He overdid himself by trying to practice." Kyungsoo sighed. The doctor came out and I ran over to him, "Doctor! How is he??" Sehun had to pull me back and tell me to calm down, "He overworked himself so he fainted from fatigue. He seems to be fine but, he needs to stay here for a checkup." I caught my breath in relief while Suho said thank you. I guess we should let him rest... "The manager said we shouldn't bother him and head back to the company after we get results." Suho frowned. "Work work work... Can't we care for a member for once?" Baekhyun muttered. "Let's come as soon as we finish our work! He should be awake by then!" Luhan nodded. We agreed and ran back to finish our work.

I coughed as I woke up and saw a figure next to me. "Jongdae, I need to do a diagnose on your condition, please tell me what happened this morning before you fainted." I sat up and thought for a second, "I woke up with a sore throat so I decided to take some medicine... But while eating breakfast, I had to vomit and there was blood in the process... I vomited again twenty minutes later with same results. Then... I went to practice." "Did anything happen during practice? How did you feel?" "I felt very sick... I was doing fine during the first song, but by the second song, I lost my voice and started wheezing. I lost energy and felt like blacking out in which I did on the third song." The doctor wrote it down and said, "I will need to do a screen check with you. Please come with me."~

The next day~

"Jongdae I have your results..." I woke up and looked at him. He had a blank expression. Bad news I'm guessing... "I'm afraid that you have stage III lung cancer as well as stage II laryngeal cancer developed in the process." Tears started to form from my eyes... I lost my words... I lost my happiness. "Is it... Curable?" The doctor sighed, "It's really faint chance, almost impossible considering that you have to battle two cancers... I'm so sorry..." My heart started to shut down and break. My life... It's all over. How can I face everyone? What can I do... I can't sing anymore... "How... Long... Can I live?" "Half a year at most." I looked down and broke down like a baby. "Doctor? Can you do me a flavor and not tell anyone?" At first the doctor wanted to protest but gave in, "I understand... I know how much you are going through at the moment." He left the room quietly and I continued to cry. My career... My friends... My family... I have to leave them behind now...