Chapter One.

• Dedicated to to the people who read this. xx

´´AUTHORS NOTE; Hiya guys, it would mean tons if you would comment below leaving suggestions or anything you´d like to share. I pretty much HATE the first and second chapter, I think it sucked. :/

But anyways,  It would mean the WORLD to me if you voted! Follow me if you´d like! I promise that i´ll follow you back.

 Sorry, you could start reading now, lol.

Enjoy the chapter lovies! x''

My life was terrific at the start.

No drama, no fights, and most importantly, no Andrew Gomez.

My parents, Joan Grande and Edward Butera, divorced when I was about 9 years old. Andrew is sadly my mothers current boyfriend, which is now my step-father.

He thought that he could magically just fit in to our family without any hesitation. Andrew and I had a little secret, and if I dared to tell, he would kill me. Seriously.

When my Mother is at work, she leaves me alone with him.

When I don't do what he says, such as get him a beer from the fridge or something, he hits me. The worse thing that he had done so far was punching me in the face.

When my Mother came home that day, she questioned the red mark near my cheek. ''What happened to your face, love?'' She asked examining my cheek. ''Mom, He--'' I stopped as I noticed Andrew standing in front of the door. I knew that if I said anything, I would pay for it.

''Uh...'' I said, hesitating to see my mothers eyes. ''I was running down the stairs and I uh, fell..'' As I said it, I felt the throbbing pain of my cheekbone.

It was probably broken. I wouldn't care. I go through this almost everyday and learn how to block the pain.

I didn't mention who I was earlier, did I? Well, there's not that much to explain.

My name is Ariana Grande. I'm 16, about to turn 17 in a couple of days. Yeah, you could say that i'm a wimp for not standing up for myself.

But it's hard, y'know?

You can't just go up to someone and say ''Hey Mom! Andrew has been beating me ever since I was 14. Sorry I didn't tell you earlier. Bye!''

Plus, i'm a bit shy around family. I don't share any of my personal things with them.

I know, I know. I seem like a total jerk for not doing that.

I just don't feel comfortable around them after he came into my life.

My life is pretty much hell right now.

Yeah, yeah, I'm single.

I mean, being single isn't all that bad, I just don't like the fact of being alone.. 

I just want to know that someone.. someone out there.. cares a lot about me and that i'm actually wanted around.

  My mom hardly pays attention to what I have to say. She only pays attention to what I look like, because she says that it's an important first family impression.

I go to school in Holmes Chapel, and my best friends' name is Jennette Mccurdy. She is 16 as well.

She is the only one that I tell any of these stuff too.

She will never judge me, and I know that she will always be there for me when I need her to be.

School was the only place I could be free, the only place I could actually be myself without being criticized or beaten senseless. It was a place that I could actually smile without having to fake it. A place were I could finally be.... Me.